It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
(male)

Punkguy HB User
Girlfriend keeps falling

My girlfriend has cerebral palsy, it's mild, but still there. She keeps falling down. She fell twice last week and once last night when she came over. She always gets really tired after. (she's actually still sleeping) she tells me she's fine. She also won't use her wheelchair, she never uses it but I think she needs to.

What can I do?

Old 11-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
(female)

elizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB User
Re: Girlfriend keeps falling

Some people like to live dangerously, it seems. Does she have a death wish or does she simply not want to use a wheelchair for some reason?

My grandfather had plenty of money at the end of his life, but would not go to Hawaii simply because he would have needed to use a wheelchair to get through the airport, which he thought was too embarrassing.

Maybe your gf is ashamed of her wheelchair. Or maybe she just feels freer without it.

Whatever the reason, you need to convey to her how her decision not to use one effects YOU and how it make YOU worry. If a person falls often, they are bound to take a bad fall, eventually.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2012, 01:56 AM   #3
(female)

jjmissycat HB User
Re: Girlfriend keeps falling

Hi Please tell your girlfriend i understand hating the chair..i hate mine also and i have had to use it 5 years now because of a spine/bone disease. I don't like the stares i get from ignorant people so i force myself just to smile back at them or say hi Always shocks them, i like doing that lol Please tell your friend i have lost my balance so many times in my home breaking my ankle, wrist and leg u to my knee cap. Recently fractured to ribs from falling down 5 stairs, i didn't land in a very good way my knee slammed into my breast and i thought i hurt it but nope it was my ribs.
You make sure she knows you can avoid all of this pain by using a wheelchair and forget about the stigma about them they could save her life! If she fell and sadly it will happen she could fall hitting her head and having head injuries is no fooling around matter.
This situation is just a accident waiting to happen

Reply Reply

Tags
cerebral palsy, falling, girlfriend, wheelchair