It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
(male)

socratesjyoti HB User
Dont have any clue

Dear all,

I am from India, about 5 months back my brother was blessed with a baby boy but unfortunately he was severely infected in the womb itself due to swallowing of amniotic fluid and excreta...he survived after 1 month in hospital...his growth has been very good especially comparing with his weight at birth(1.5 Kg). Few days back it was reported by his mother that he is not observing things so we went for his MRI. The MRI results showed SEVERE WHITE MATTER LOSS and LESIONS..it was told to us that he will have many problems in future this is just the start....i am very upset,sad and frightened because of this...i did lot of reading on this subject on internet after this and it has furthered all negative thoughts....I really dont have any clue if its a CP, PVL, Epilepsy or anything else...the baby is too small for us to knw...but one Dr also told he is having some degree of spasticity in his legs...will he be able to see ?? can he walk? will he have seizures in future??Will he be mentally retarted?? will he lead a normal life?? please please Help me....

Old 05-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
(female)

KimmieDee10 HB UserKimmieDee10 HB UserKimmieDee10 HB UserKimmieDee10 HB User
Re: Dont have any clue

You may get all the answers when he is a year old or older. It is possible that he may have CP if he has the spasticity in his legs. You'll have to wait until later if he'll be able to walk or not. When I was a year old, the doctor told my parents that I wouldn't be able to walk at all, but when I was three years old - I proved him wrong.

I wish your nephew luck. Keep us updated with what you find out about him.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply