It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chemotherapy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2004, 08:20 AM   #1

hangontite2000 HB User
suggestions please, neuropathy secondary to chemotherapy

hi, i haven't seen a post about this subject but maybe someone has knowledge about it. i recently finished chemotherapy for breast cancer. during treatment i developed severe swelling of my legs and feet, so severe i had to go to a lymphedema clinic and get my legs and feet wrapped with compression bandages which has helped with the swelling tremendously. i am left with an awful neuropathy though either from the chemo drug or the swelling particularly the right foot where the swelling was worse. my foot feels like the skin is too little for the foot if that makes sense and is much worse when i lay down than when i am sitting up or standing. i have been on vicodin round the clock for 6 months now for back pain ( i have had 2 lumbar surgeries previous to cancer) which was made worse by the chemo. without the vicodin the pain in my foot is unbearable. i haven't been able to wear "real shoes" in months, am living in slippers. i need to return to work soon and have to figure something out about that issue also. has anyone else had neuropathy caused by chemo or swelling? would appreciate any info or suggestions

Closed Thread