It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chemotherapy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2001, 01:22 PM   #1

flowernail HB User
Post Life after chemotherapy without remission, ovarian

I have ovarian cancer. Malignant cells were found inside my colon in February, 2000, and surgery was done in March. Staging was IIIC.
I was on four regimens of chemotherapy for a year with limited success. I have been on tamoxifen for 4 months. My CA125 has come down some. We are hoping that will contine. But the prognosis is not good. I am rather resigned to the probability that I will not survive this disease. At present there are no detectible solid tumors. But every time I get a pain or a twitch, I wonder if it could be the cancer.
My question is: I would like some information on how this disease might progress if I do not go into remission. I do have some information from my doctor, but I would like to know what other people have gone through. I have found very little information on the internet about what happens after treatment when the treatment does not work.
Right now, life is good. I feel great and am doing all kinds of fun things. I hope this lasts forever, but I want to be prepared with information if it does not. Thanks

The following user gives a hug of support to flowernail:
U22011 (04-04-2011)
Old 07-31-2001, 11:48 AM   #2

NIE HB User
Flowernail,
Do you mind me asking what stage OVCA you have? What chemo. have you tried? What is your CA125 now? Have you heard of secondary cyperductive surgery? Alot of board certified gyn oncologist believe that is the treatment for best survival. Go to the national OvCa.net (Ovarian Cancer Network) website and post there. You will get a response and there are people there with whom you can relate to.

Best Wishes to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread