It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chemotherapy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2005, 05:14 PM   #1
(female)

Star Heart HB User
Chemotherapy - What to Expect?

My Mom begins her first round of chemotherapy for stomach cancer tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what to expect?

Old 03-15-2005, 07:09 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dazedandconfused1 HB User
Re: Chemotherapy - What to Expect?

im very sorry to hear about your mom its hard my mother has lymphoma luekemia people handle chemo differently some lose their hair and are very sick and very tired my mother did very well with it she was treated very aggessaly she hardly lost any hair she was very very tired they gave her some medicine before chemo to help with the side effects so she didnt feel nausia it was hard to see her go through it i think the hardest for her was staying in hospital for 3 days straight having chemo everyday i hope everything goes good for your mother she is in my prayes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2005, 07:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: Chemotherapy - What to Expect?

Star,
Do you know what type of chemo your mother will be on? As Dazed pointed out, the effects vary widely depending on which chemotherapy drug is used.

The thought of chemotherapy can be frightening, but there are many medications on the market these days to reduce or even eliminate most of the side effects.

Ruth

Closed Thread