It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chemotherapy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2006, 09:09 AM   #1
(female)

Marise5 HB User
Information wanted re Intra-abdominal chemotherapy

Hi, I am having a hysterectomy in a couple of weeks for suspected ovarian cancer. My surgeon is proposing possible intra-abdominal chemo. He is going to put in a catheter for it's administration during the operation - "just in case we need it". I would appreciate any information, or hearing from anyone who has experienced this. Thanks. Marise.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:43 AM   #2
(female)

imoan HB User
Re: Information wanted re Intra-abdominal chemotherapy

Hi Marise,
The latest advance in Ovarian Cancer is that proceedure. On January 5th,2006 the New York Times had a front page article about it. 2 years ago when it was my turn to get it, it still too experimental. Now it was taken out of the experimental stage earlier than expected because it really helps. They say that every patient who undergoes Ovarian Cancer surgery should ask her Doctor for this proceedure.Its not a picnic but neither is having cancer. And, like me, you can beat it. Let me know, Imoan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #3
(female)

Marise5 HB User

Hi Imoan,
Thanks for your encouraging reply. It seems to be the first time my surgeon has tried it, so I feel a bit like an experiment for him! The downside seems to be that the chemo reaction is worse and there could be complications with the catheter. But that will be worth it if it works as well as you suggest. It is good to hear from someone who has come through oc safely. I will keep in touch. Thanks again. Marise.

Old 03-02-2006, 07:57 PM   #4
(female)

DDMoore HB User

Imoan, I was wondering, how many times did you go through chemo, my mom was diagnosed with papilary serous cystoadenocarcimona. They found a tumor in her ovary that mestastized into the colon. She is now three years later, ready to start another round of chemo. Her ca 125 never stays low for very long. This last time she was off chemo two months, ca 125 went up to 129 from 8. They say it comes back with a vengence and I think she should try some other form of treatment. What do you think. She has had allergic reactions to the chemo and now they have to give her shots before administering the chemo. They said she just has too much in her system. I worry bacause I know she is not going to get better and even at my age, I am not ready to let go of my mom. She is my best friend and I can't help her. I watch her go through this, I take care of her and then I come home and break down. I have been told that what she has will never go away. Some famous actress died from this rare type of ovarian cancer. DDMoore

Closed Thread