It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chemotherapy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2006, 08:56 PM   #1
(female)

DDMoore HB User
Anyone heard of an oil based chemotherapy

My mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in June 2003, the doctors found an ovarian tumor in June, opted for surgery within two weeks from the date of finding, at surgery time, it had spread outside the ovary, into the colon, an one lymph node was also found infected. The doctor told it was papillay serous cystadenocarcinoma. Mom has been battling this since 2003, in and out of surgery, chemotherapy, had an allergic reaction to the chemo and almost died, almost died twice during surgery, but the cancer keeps coming back. She is now on what I am understanding to be an oil-based chemo that attaches itself to the cancer cells. She has one treatment a month and for the first 5 days, cannot wear tight clothing or do anything that can cause friction on the skin. Has anyone ever heard of this, what am I missing in this, other than the fact that her CA 125 count is high, but doctors found no sign of cancer during her last operation, and with this new treatment they will not do a CA 125 until after the second one month treatment. Does anyone know anything about this type of treatment. Thanks DDMoore

Closed Thread