It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chemotherapy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
(male)

Luckman42 HB User
Chemotherapy for CLL?

Had my 1st treatment of Cytomax 2 weeks ago and I feel fine! Having my next treatment of Fludarabine in about 10 days from now and I'm wondering what to expect? All I've heard is how the big, bad, Chemo is going to beat me down but so far it ain't that big or bad so I'd appreciate hearing from someone who can share their experience (good or bad).

Old 02-13-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
(female)

loubie lou HB User
Talking Re: Chemotherapy for CLL?

Done Fludarabine twice in 2004 an 2006 both times felt sick very tired sore mouth but nothing scary...goin back on it next week then transplant in june.
good luck:

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
(male)

Luckman42 HB User
Re: Chemotherapy for CLL?

I just finished my 4th round of Cytomax, Fludara and Rituxan and I'm learning all about the feelings associated with the treatments. I started keeping a log on day 1 of how I felt, if I was nauseas, headache etc. and it has helped me manage the side effects to where they barely bother me. It helps to know what to expect! I may be finished with therapy, depending on Tuesday's CBC. If things are not right yet, I'll likely go through a couple more. Transplant has been mentioned but hopefully not happening for a while.
Best of luck and let me know how things are going for you!
Gary

Old 12-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
(female)

Hrolf HB User

I had Fludarabine 2.5 years ago and felt a little tired and realized I could not do numbers in my head while I was getting the treatment (later told it was brain fog). I was getting it 5 days in a row then off 3 weeks. I brought cards with me and played cards with hubby during the hour I got the chemo.
I hope it goes easy for you. How long have you ad CLL?

Old 12-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #5
(male)

Luckman42 HB User

Diagnosed in '08, finished treatments in April of '09 and all is well! Chemo left me tired for a couple days afterward but appetite was ok and I craved steak for some reason? Had a bad time in Sept. '09 and spent a week in the hospital with WBC around 1.0, neutropenic for a few days and told I would have to have a port put in and receive Hemoglobbulin for the rest of my life. After the hospital stay, things got better and I didn't have to do the hemoglobbulin. My counts are staying normal at 4.3 and for the most part, I'm fine! Feel good, a little less energy than I used to have but not looking back! Dr. says things may change in a few years but I'm not worried about it. Play the hand that's dealt!
Best of luck to all and keep donating to Leukemia Society!

Old 12-12-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
(female)

Hrolf HB User

So far I am doing great since the Flud. treatment (2.5 years ago). I think the one thing I wished I would have done is take probiotics after chemo to restore my good flora in my intestines to avoid some digestion issues later.
By the way, I have been reading about UCSD making some amazing discoveries on CLL and hopefully will change the current treatments.

Closed Thread