It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chemotherapy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
(male)

7times HB User
Chemotherapy after bladder cancer

After removal of a cancer in my bladder, I was given 6 doses of 50 mg of doxorubicin which were placed into the bladder through a catheter inserted into the bladder through the urethra, over a period of 6 weeks. Immediately prior to the sixth dose, during the insertion of the cateter, the nurse broke the skin in the bladder and advised me that I would pass a blood clot but that was all, and everything would be okay. This seemed to be the case, but I have experienced, after a week following the sixth dose, some strange illnesses. At first it was a hot feeling in the upper back that ached all over, followed by just the shoulders, and now the arms. This has been going on for six weeks. With the help of pain medication, I am able to put up with it. Has anyone else had a reaction to bladder chemotherapy like this, or has anyone had a reaction and how long does it last?

Last edited by 7times; 08-23-2011 at 01:20 AM. Reason: add a question Just got out my calendar and it has been 6 weeks, not nine.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User
Re: Chemotherapy after bladder cancer

I had BCG TB vacine bacteria put into my bladder and I only had the urgency for urinating but not what you have experienced. Do you have a fever with these painful feelings? Have you told your doctor you symptoms? Maybe you have a low grade infection. Are you done with your treatments? I only have a scope once a year now. I'm glad the treatments are over and they were manageable. Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to renko For This Useful Post:
7times (08-24-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
(male)

7times HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by renko View Post
I had BCG TB vacine bacteria put into my bladder and I only had the urgency for urinating but not what you have experienced. Do you have a fever with these painful feelings? Have you told your doctor you symptoms? Maybe you have a low grade infection. Are you done with your treatments? I only have a scope once a year now. I'm glad the treatments are over and they were manageable. Best wishes.
I appreciate your comments, but my main concern is did I have a reaction to the doxorubicin, or has anyone had a similar reaction or any reaction after being treated with the doxorubicin? Day by day I am feeling better, but it has been a long 6+ weeks. Yes, I did have a low grade fever, but that is gone; I am done with my treatments and do not have any other side effects. Thanks for your wishes.

Last edited by 7times; 08-26-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:40 AM   #4
(male)

7times HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by renko View Post

Closed Thread