It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chemotherapy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
(male)

Jim7790 HB User
Why Chemo

I have been doctoring since early July with what was started out as a cbc done my pain doctor to make sure where my levels were since being on Hydocodone /acetaminophn for close to a yr.Test came back with high wbc 14.2 and platlets 785,000.retested 2 weeks later and they were still high 14.5/751,000. Since then they have taken over 30 vials of blood ran ct scan which showed a slighly enlarged spleen,mri and bone marrow biopsy.After biopsy they reported no cancer and no leukemia but recommend starting chemo in a pill form to keep me free of each.I have not been sick stay active work everyday.I was told that once I started the Chemo pill form Hydrea that I will have to take it for life and the doseage would be set depending on how my blood counts reacted.Has anyone heard of this type of treatment for high white cell and platlets?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jim7790 For This Useful Post:
mtnmamma (01-12-2013)
Old 01-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #2
(male)

Sig45 HB User
Re: Why Chemo

Never heard of anything like that. At a minimum I would demand a clear explanation for why they want to do that. Chemo is not something I'd enter into lightly. If you don't get a satisfactory answer then get a second opinion from an independant doctor.

You didn't say, though, why you are on Vicodin for this past year. That issue might be playing into the chemo recommendation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread