It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children - Special Needs Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
(female)

Pumkiney HB User
Intro

Hello
So many things to say..I start to say, I am newly divorced mom of three younger children
2 are special needs. One has PDD-NOS, Speech delay-reamceptive and expressive, ODD, PTSD, among other things he has been diagnosed with. He has thought me so much. He is 6 years old and is a kindergartener this year. He has come along ways . Then I have a 5 year girl she has a physical condition called congenial hypnosis, she wears a back 23 hours a day. She also wears braces on her feet, which she just rec.ently received because she does alto of toe walking. She also has PTSD and SED. And many sensory issues. Everywhere she goes she lights up the room! (: They is never a dull moment ! She is a very bright little girl. Then I have a 2 year. She is a lil sponge. She has her teachers definitely on their toes! Their father is not a part of their life at all. He was incarcerated at the time of the birth of our youngest. And him not being a part of their life is totally his decision

Old 04-17-2013, 01:59 AM   #2
(female)

growagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB User
Re: Intro

Well, hello and welcome to the HealthBoards. I hope you find the support and friendship that is offered here.

I respect and admire you for your ability to provide for your children all by yourself, especially with the added duties their special needs includes. As a mother who also raised my children alone as well, I cannot imagine what you go through on a daily basis. Our children though can be the light of our lives in many moments, and almost impossible at others, We have to live for those special moments we have, and keep our selves cool and collected for the other moments that are sprinkled in between.

So welcome again, and feel free to ask anything you need to know, so we can help you the best way possible. I think you will find lots of very compassionate folks here, friendly and doing what they can to help others.

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards!

The Following User Says Thank You to growagourd For This Useful Post:
Pumkiney (04-17-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2013, 02:14 AM   #3
(female)

Pumkiney HB User

Yes I would not change anything in the world for my 3 blessings. I have many good times and trying times. Sometimes I have to just make it through hour by hour. They have thought me a great deal of patience! I love them to pieces.Sometimes out of nowhere tears will start streaming down my face knowing how hard sometimes life can be, but at the same time I am So thankful because it so worse.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Pumkiney
growagourd (04-17-2013), kanded (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
(female)

kanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB User

Our children are wonderful, no matter what diagnosis they may have. Your children will thank you when they are older for all the loving care you have provided them. It is difficult raising children with special needs, but it can be rewarding too. Like when they reach that milestone that comes so easily for other kids, it gives you an unimaginable joy that they are finally able to do that thing that was so difficult for them.
We are their cheerleaders, but you need someone to cheer you on too, don't forget. So make sure you have a support system in place, whoever that may be. You are not alone, Pumkiney!
Best wishes, K.

Reply Reply