It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2003, 11:29 AM   #1
(female)

cowgirl2703 HB User
blood in stool(not for the faint)

What does it mean when there is blood in feces? My 8 year old daughter has come to me a few times saying she had blood on her toilet paper after going "#2". Everytime I looked, I either didn't see it or it looked like she the "#2" had scratched on the way out and had scratched her. Her bottom was sore there for a day or so after that one. Today she went and came to me with more news of blood in her stool. I went in and saw that there was indeed a tiny amount of blood in her stool. What is going on? I am waiting for a call back from the nurse, but wondered if anyone else has ever dealt with this. Thanks.

Old 12-10-2003, 12:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User
Re: blood in stool(not for the faint)

My son most times has blood in his stool. It is from the scratching of the hard stool on its way out. It's good to check it out, but I think it may be normal at some level. Are her stools hard when she sees blood?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2003, 09:17 PM   #3
(female)

cowgirl2703 HB User
Re: blood in stool(not for the faint)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawbuck44
My son most times has blood in his stool. It is from the scratching of the hard stool on its way out. It's good to check it out, but I think it may be normal at some level. Are her stools hard when she sees blood?
I took her to the doctor and you were right. That is why she was seeing blood on her paper and in her stool. The dr. said that it could have been months ago when she scratched it with a hard stool and then everytime she passes hard stools, it scratches the top off. So I am going to give her this stuff that softens her stools for a month so it can heal. Its not a laxative, though. The cause of her hard stools seems to be the enormous amount of milk that she drinks. Thanks for easing my fears a bit before I took her!

Closed Thread