It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
(female)

cowgirl2703 HB User
Twitching during sleep

Today when I put my two year old daughter to sleep for her nap, I stayed and waited for her to fall asleep so I could cover her up. She refuses covers even when its chilly and I refused to leave until I covered a sleeping baby. As I was waiting for her to fall asleep, I noticed her feet, legs, fingers, hands, right shoulder and a muscle in her neck lightly twitching. They didn't do it all at once, but every 10-20 seconds something would twitch by itself or in combination with something else. Like her left hand and fingers in combo with right toes and foot. I thought maybe it would stop after she reached a deep sleep but I continued to check on her throughout the next hour and she never stopped. Should I be so worried or does this sound normal? Anyone have any experiences with this? If it is something to worry about, what could be the problem?

I should probably add that she is great developmentally-wise. She was counting to ten before 12 months old and to twenty at 15 months old. She knows abc's and her memory is excellent.

Last edited by cowgirl2703; 04-27-2004 at 11:34 AM.

Closed Thread