It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2004, 05:57 AM   #1

Beth* HB User
3 year old with possible restless leg???

This has been driving me nuts for a year or so now! My three year old (he is almost four) continually moves his legs all night long!!! Its not even that he moves them...its that he has to bend and unbend them continuously at night. Almost like he is running...he also like to "flex" them (this is the only way I can describe it) and push them against something, which turns out to be me! It drives me nuts...he wakes up several times during the night and although he starts out sleeping alone he almost always winds up in our bed and than continues to drive me nuts the rest of the night by doing these movements with his legs! I do try putting him back to bed and sometimes he winds up sleeping with his older brother who has also noticed the leg thing! Literally I have bruises on me from him doing this. I do notice that he does it more when he is over tired or sick! Has anyone else heard of this with small children?? I am seriously considering taking him to the doctor for it as it seems to be getting worse. It drives us all nuts and I know he doesn't even realize he is doing it! I feel like he doesn't really get a good nights sleep. I have heard of restless leg syndrome in adults but not kids. If anyone has had any similar situations or any advice PLEASE let me know. I am at my wit's end with this! Thanks so much for listening!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread