It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2004, 11:30 AM   #1
(female)

Kirii HB User
11 month old not peeing

She went to bed around 9 pm last night and got up at 8 am. Well she had an almost dry diaper when she got up. And I've changed her once due to dhiarrhea like diaper. <---- Very bad diaper. And that was 3 hours ago. I keep checking her diaper and she's dry. From what i've seen she's not peed all day long. Kind of concerned here. I mean she usually pees around 5 or so diapers a day maybe more. And to have her not pee in so long of a time is bothering me. She's getting ready to have her 3rd bottle today and hoping she can pee that out or something. She's not on juice because she doesn't seem to drink it. Though we try daily to get her to drink it. And she's on baby food numbers 2 and 3. We do feed her little bits from the table, but that's like mashed potatoes when we fix them. Not sure what's causing her not to pee. :/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2004, 06:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

worried_mommy HB User
Re: 11 month old not peeing

I think I would take her to the Dr. soon if this keeps up. She may have a bladder infection or something causing her not to pee. I have an 11 month DD also and I think I would take her to the ER after most of the day not peeing. Something seems wrong about that. HTH

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2004, 07:12 PM   #3
(female)

bigty98 HB User

Is she sick? If she is, she is probably getting dehydrated. Push fluids. Even if it is a popsicle or pedialite(spelling) or something like that. Most kids like popsicles and they are a form of liquid. Will she drink water? Maybe a diluted juice? If she is not sick and she is not peeing then I agree, it could be a UTI or something but usually with a UTI it is the opposite-peeing all the time. If she has diarreaha, I am more apt to think she is getting dehydrated. If she is sick at all and isn't taking anything but formula or milk and solid foods, I would call your pediatrition.

Becky

Old 12-16-2004, 08:22 PM   #4
(female)

Kirii HB User

I tried giving her my juice and she drank a little bit of it. But she seems to think that sippy cups = play time. Tried giving her propel water she drank an ounce of that. Me and my dad went to wally world and came back and after 2 and a half hours... Dry as can be. She did end up peeing earlier once before nap and once after nap. But still that's not normal for her. I'm worried because I have an overactive bladder and she's having an underactive one :/

I just went to her crib to check her and she's still dry. When she gets up in the AM i'm gonna check her asap <like normally> and if she's not soaked to the bone i'm calling her pediatrician.

She's not sick that I know of. She's been laughing and giggling all day. Picking on the poor cat and pulling on his tail. She seems fine, but still :/ The most she's ever had was sniffles and the pediatrician said it was ok. She's had one fever and that was from shots. I'm not use to her having any problems other than a diaper rash. It's been 6 hours without a wet diaper.

Thank you for any help that I receive from here. She's my only daughter and I worry alot about her especially with my anxiety issues. Poor girl is gonna have a very overprotective mommy.

Old 12-17-2004, 04:17 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

MandyAnne26 HB User

If she hasn't been drinking much than that is probably why she isn't peeing rather than some kind of infection. If she's drinking normaly and not peeing as much than i would give the doctor a call.

Old 12-17-2004, 04:20 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User

Is she still having diareah like diapers, because that would be a very good sign that she may be dehydrated! Like the other poster said, try anything to get those liquids in. If she thinks sippy cup=play time then give it to her in a bottle. Popcicles was a great idea! Give her cranberry juice if she has a UTI. And I would probably call that doctor too!

Old 12-17-2004, 06:11 AM   #7
Inactive

off kilter HB User

Did you give her a bath? She may have peed while in the bath water. check with her Dr. If she continues to stay dry. She may need extra fluid.

Old 12-17-2004, 06:24 AM   #8
(female)

Kirii HB User

I gave her a bath Wednesday for picture day. But last night I checked her 3 times cause she woke up and ate 3 5 oz bottles of formula and she was dry at 4 30 am. Well when she woke up at 8 am she was soaked front to back. Part of me is relieved, but i've seen mornings where she woke up with pee all over her even though we changed her before bedtime. She seems happy and smiley right now so I doubt she's in pain. She'd be screaming like a banshy if she was. Though she only had dhiarhea <spelling> once yesterday and no other bowel movements. Her pediatrician had once said it's because of constipation, but she poops normally 3 times a day. Sometimes only once then others twice. She rarely has a not so wet stool and when she does.... boy that's a sight to see on her face.

I'm gonna keep checking her diaper all day today to make sure she's wetting it since the doctor's isn't open yet. Still though she went 12 hours without peeing. Gonna get my grandmother to get me some of those popcicles since I can't drive.

I have tried giving her a bottle with juice. She drinks a little then half of it ends up getting slobbered out all over her and the bottle ends up coated in juice. She just doesn't like juice. :/ I've tried all different flavors. Watered them down, gave her water. She seems to drink them easier though out of a momma's glass. She sometimes gets to much at once, but if I hold it for her she can drink out of it pretty good.

She's drinking her formula really well though. Drinks about 5 oz every 3 hours. She'll even eat baby jar then drink formula after it.
Well hopefully today will be better for her, if not a quick trip to the doc's :/

Old 12-17-2004, 07:07 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

If she has not peed in over twelve hours, you need to get her seen today as soon as possible.Something is clearly wrong here.If she is not peeing enough her kidneys could suffer some very real damage.I cannot express enough just how improtant it is to get her seen asap.Please get her in and keep us posted,K?Marcia

Old 12-17-2004, 08:11 AM   #10
(female)

Kirii HB User

She has an appointment today at 3:20. She seems ok, but they said to bring her in anyways. Gonna go check her diaper in a sec it looks like she might of peed a little. Either that or she's moving around a bit much :P

Edit:

Dry as a bone :/ 2 and a half hours without a single pee. Had me thinking she had when she took off her diaper.

Last edited by Kirii; 12-17-2004 at 08:17 AM.

Old 12-18-2004, 06:09 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

i am releived to know that she had an appt yesterday and really really wondering how it went and just what you found out.I hope it is nothing major.please post an update when you can.Marcia

Old 12-19-2004, 07:19 PM   #12
(female)

Kirii HB User

I would of posted earlier, but had early christmas with family *glad it's over* Well the doctor was being a bit of a ... rude person. He said there was nothing wrong with her and I shouldn't bring her in unless she seems sick. Though it's funny his nurse was the one who said to bring her in asap. He said She probably peed and I didn't realize it. I think i'd realize it when I was the one changing her diapers. Saying that her pee was probably concentrated so she didn't pee as much or my diapers were overly absorbent and I just didn't notice it. I know a dry diaper compared to a diaper that has any pee in it.

At least he gave her a flu shot after denying her last time cause of her state insurance and something about not having enough for kids on that insurance. Boy he's lucky he didn't deny her again or i'd have a little talk with a lawyer.

I'm just glad that she's doing ok, still not peeing as much but no infection! Though she's probably going to be sick since half the people that stopped by were sick as can be and throwing up, coughing and so on. If it were up to me i'd kick them out and disinfect everything they touched.

Old 12-20-2004, 05:52 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

I think it is time to change Drs.any doc who would tell you that is an a**.you brought your daughter in because of very real concerns about her health, for him to just tell you that you don't know the difference between wet and dry is just plain insulting.At the very least here he should have given her a blood draw to check the kidney functions.i really do think that this should be looked into much further.You just never know.i assumed I had a totally healthy 13 year old a few years back only to find out much differently when he just happened to vomit blood at school one day, that he had polycystic kidney disease with congenital hepatic fibrosis.well you could have knocked me over with a feather.He never even looked sick at all and now all of the sudden he has some strange kidney disease and is down to only 20% of his liver function left!I am not telling you this to scare you, but only to inform you that you just never know what strange and bizarre diseases or conditions could have been passed on through the wonder of genetics.we never knew that we had this running in our family.when you are talking possible kidney impairment here it could be a very serious thing if it is not treated properly.Please see another doc,or at the very least, call your local ER and tell the triage nurse just what you are dealing with and that you feel that her doc just kind of blew you off and you have some concerns.She will probably ask you to bring her in for blood work.But you need to get a new doc as soon as possible,this one quite obviously does not have your daughters best interest at heart,and he thinks even less of you.What an a**.Marcia

Old 12-20-2004, 08:36 AM   #14
(female)

Kirii HB User

I thought about changing docs when the new little one is born. I have had nothing but frusteration since I went to him. At his old office there was this secretary that I just wanted to knock out. She was always on the phone and to busy to help out since it was my first child and I had no clue about how to make appointments for her and what to put on the sign in sheet they had that was seriously confusing. If you missed something she'd yell at you from her "Throne" I complained constantly about her to nurses and they couldn't stand the ... well woman either. I had chosen a different pediatrician for her, it was one i use to goto. They wouldn't accept her for various reasons, but it was actually cause of her insurance.

I had to settle with her pediatrician because I had just moved back to my hometown from Oregon and I didn't have but 2 months to choose a pediatrician cause i was due to have her. It's gonna take a while to get my insurance to help me pick out a pediatrician because it's so limited.

Closed Thread