It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #1
(female)

healthy2b HB User
Question Green Tea for KIDS?

undefined

I have begun drinking iced green tea that I make myself with no sugar etc..just lemon. My kids LOVE IT! I have done tons of research to find out how much if any they should drink for health benefits, and can hardly find anything out.

I did find one quote "Jean Carper from USAWeekend.com recommends restricting the amount of tea given to kids because tea removes iron from the body. "That may help combat chronic disease but can cause anemia in young people," she reports."

Does anyone have ANY INFORMATION or LINKS or anything where I can find out some information or does anyone have any input?

We are on a major health kick in my house. Cleaned out the whole kitchen and stocked everything with healthy choices...cutting out the preservative laden junk, and now everything is homemade, healthy and good for our body. We are all taking the healthy challenge together!!! My kids (7 and 4) are having a ball coming up with ways to eat healthy and feed our body with the fuel it needs (hey, whatever works) LOL LOL......It's amazing when going back to homemade, healthy choices, vegetables, whole grains, etc.etc..the abundance of food you can eat to lose! I keep telling everyone, EAT TO LOSE!!!

Anyway, any tips would be helpful. Thanks..
P.S. For anyone meaning well but getting off topic and commenting on the change in my family, don't worry, I am well aware that with everything should be happy balance and my kids will still be kids....they eat some stuff that they have no idea are healthy and they still think it's awesome with chocolate, nuts etc..and still get icecream and junk food snack at school etc....and every Friday after baseball we will continue the tradition of Carvel!! They are not being totally deprived!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2005, 07:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

worried_mommy HB User
Re: Green Tea for KIDS?

I know when I was pregnant my dietician told me not to drink it with or shortly before/after meals, because like you said it would stop the body from absorbing iron. She did tell me that it was ok to drink though between meals. I don't know if this is any help to you but it's all I know

Closed Thread