It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2002, 07:28 AM   #1

unomesowell HB User
Red face double front teeth

I have a question regarding my daughter's teeth and I am having a hard time finding a site to help me. ViVi will be five years old in August. By the time she had her first birthday she had all of her teeth. Our pediatrician said that is rare but not unusual so we didn't worry about it. Six months ago they fonud a cavity and said she had to have it filled because she probably wouldn't loose any teeth until she was eight or older. Yesterday, My daughter told me her tooth was loose. I thought she was just pretending so I played along and pretended to wiggle my teeth too. When I looked closely though what I discovered was that her two front teeth on the bottom were doubled. What I mean is it appears her adult teeth have started coming in and yes, one tooth is loose. Isn't she to young? And if I can see the new teeth behind the ones she already has does that mean they are growing in the wrong place? I am nervous about this but I couldn't get her a dentist appointment for another four months. If you do not know the answers to these questions I would appreciate it if you could direct me to a web site that might. Thank you in advance for you prompt assistance. Jessie, a concerned Mama

Old 07-05-2002, 12:22 PM   #2

~mandy~ HB User
I took my son to the dentist when he was 5 for the exact same problem. The dentist told me it is VERY common for this to happen. It happens because the new teeth are too big for the old space and so they grow where they can fit, which is behind the baby teeth. The baby teeth should be falling out soon and her teeth will look pretty crooked on the bottem for a bit, but as her jaw grows and things shift around in her mouth they should move into place (my son was almost 6 when this happened...he's almost 8 now and they're pretty much even on the bottem now). You said that her teeth were already loose..so i wouldn't worry, assuming they aren't causing her any physical pain or problems eating then just give it some time...her baby teeth should fall out on their own.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread