It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2002, 07:29 PM   #1
(female)

CAC123 HB User
Post Separation Anxiety Disorder in 12 year old

My daughter has a pretty bad case of separation anxiety that seems to be getting worse. Although she has always been a worrier (from birth) this disorder seems to be so illogical and we're trying our very hardest to (gently) deal with it. After some counseling sessions with a therapist she couldn't stand, we decided to take a break. Before we look for a new one, I would love to hear any thoughts you might have with your child with Separation Anxiety Disorder.

We are pretty protective and do not think this was caused by what most people would call a trauma. There were 2 instances in her early childhood where she found herself lost and alone for a few minutes and was absolutely terrified. Add to this a school trip (that she wanted to take but probably shouldn't have) and she is now just afraid that we will disappear, die, not come home, etc. Any thoughts you have would be most appreciated.

Old 12-10-2002, 08:38 PM   #2
(female)

dquist091391 HB User
My son was the same way ,until last month dr put him on paxil an anti-anxiety medicine my 11 year old is like a new kid he came home from school the first day very excited about what a great day he had and how much better things were at school with the new med.He was to the point of calling me from school like 3 to 5 times a day .and he's in elementary school!! might want to give it a shot good luck!!!Denise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread