It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2003, 06:53 AM   #1

kellaz3 HB User
Post Hives around eyes only in 3-yr old?

Hi parents,

Maybe some of you can help. My three-year old dd has been getting hives since Thursday but only around the eyes. It comes and goes throught the day. I don't think it's food because my son has food allergies and that goes all over the body. I'm thinking maybe it's something she's touching, but can't figure it out yet. I am going to call the doc today, but just thought I'd ask to see if any of you had this similar problem. I don't want to keep giving her benadryl every day.

Thanks!
Kell

Old 01-20-2003, 10:20 PM   #2

Mayrjala HB User
Unhappy

I have a 3yr old son and as of last summer he started getting hives--on his face -but on the rest of his body,but it all started with a bite I first noticed right next to one of his eyes,and then hives started around them,as well as the bite swellen that whole side of his face....
He still gets the hives and some bites still swell,and all they can tel lem was he has an allergic reaction to a bug-obviously,but they don't help me much...Anyway I kept close watch and I noticed that when he gets the hives-expecialy around the face,it is now usualy when he is over heated,eg:just from running around our apt,he will have blotches of tiny hives on face-sometimes legs..but young kids seem to get hives when they are active--and overheat themselves..I don't give him ben all the time(only if bad enough)but I do calm him undress him a little and let him cool of..once he does they normaly go away,but they do come back...whatch and see if he gets them,more when he is active..and check the rest of his body for the hell of it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2003, 09:19 AM   #3
(female)

Amy42601 HB User
My son recently had a bout with hives. He's 21 months and we couldn't figure out what it was...have you changed anything recently like detergents or something? Using a new product at all? That could be the cause. We finally figured out what it was that gave my son the hives, and we are no longer giving him that particular food, but I know that while he was suffering with hives, calamine lotion helped him a lot with the stinging and itching.

Hope you figure this out!

Amy

Old 01-24-2003, 04:49 AM   #4

kellaz3 HB User
Hi to the moms who responded,

Thanks so much for your responses, but I finally figured out what gave my daughter hives: ORANGES. I just recently bought them and she likes to try to peel them herself and then she must have been touching her eye area afterwards and BINGO, here come the hives! Oranges are very acidic! I guess I just learned a lesson to always wash your hands after handling acidic fuit if you have sensitive skin!

Thanks,
KELL

Closed Thread