It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2003, 09:23 PM   #1

Ricky U HB User
Unhappy 8 yr Nausea & Stomach Aches Only in Morning

My 8 yr old son started having nausea & stomach aches about a month ago.This happens every morning as soon as he wakes up.First he asks for something to drink then he proceeds to try to vomit.He usaully wont vomit but when he does its just water or saliva.After he does this ,he's fine for the rest of the day.There is no fever,diahrea,or weight loss.He had a cat scan for tumor because he told doctor he was having headaches but it was negative.He had blood test also neg.Stool test results still pending.THere are slight signs of constipation so we been giving prune juice.It almost seems like Womens morning sickness.

Old 09-03-2003, 05:24 AM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Does he have any sinus problems? The reason I ask is that my daughter is prone to excess sinus drainage and frequently would wind up throwing up in the morning from the excess sinus drainage that had accumulated over the night. Also since you mention some constipation you should start him on some fiber therapy such as metamucil to help get his constipation under control. This could be part of his morning stomache ache. Prune juice is great for getting the bowels to move but he still needs the fiber therapy to help with the constipation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2003, 10:33 AM   #3

Ricky U HB User
Thumbs up

No he doesn't have any sinus problems.But I will start him on some fiber therapy asap.Thank you.

Old 09-03-2003, 01:08 PM   #4

~~NatureLovers~~ HB User
Question

Could it possibly be school. Maybe someone is bothering him or anything could be bothering him with school in general. A friend of mines child did the 'stomach sick and headache' every single morning before school. Come to find out, boys were cornering him in the boys room , as he used the facilites, and would harrass, threaten and take his lunch money. Just throwing it out there, as i know the feeling of having a childs complaints with unknown causes.

Old 09-03-2003, 09:44 PM   #5

Ricky U HB User
Question

I did look into R.A.P its a condition similiar to IBS that occurs in children.It's said to be caused by stress,anxiety and or other emotional problems. But he has these episodes even on days when he knows he is going to have fun (Trip to Lake)and on non school days.After he goes thru the episode he is very energetic and happy as though nothing happened or nothing is wrong.Thats why it's so hard to figure out.

Old 09-07-2003, 10:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kippy6 HB User
Hi. My 8-year old son exhibited stomach symtoms off and on for about a month. We finally had him tested for strep throat. The test they do in the office turned out negative, but the one they send off (36 hour test) was positive. He never had a sore throat with this. However, he went on antibiotics for Strep, and his stomach aches went away. Just an idea.

Let us know how he does.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:17 PM   #7

Ricky U HB User
Question

JUst came back from GI Doctor.She said he's constipated but that doesn't cause nausea.She want's to do a scope and also some test were he eats then is put thru a scan to see why his stomach is not "working" properly when he's asleep.Well thanks for all the replys.I'll update A.S.A.P.

Old 09-24-2003, 09:30 PM   #8

Ricky U HB User
Unhappy

Today had endoscope,photos show irritation.DR. said it is caused by acid.It is pre ulcer.So this is causing acid reflux.This causes naussea and stomach aches.Now my question is since I have a copy of the photos should I show them to another GI for a second opinion?Just to be sure.

Closed Thread