It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2005, 05:37 PM   #1
(female)

mrsstats HB User
18 month old + seizures

My great niece had a seizure about 4 weeks ago. It was diagnosed as a fibrial seizure brought on by a high temperature. She was sent home from the hospital and told it was a viral infection. She had another seizure later that day. Then nothing and then 2 weeks after than another 2 seizures in the same day. This time the kept her in the hospital, did blood work & EEG which shows nothing. Sent her home but her temperature goes up and down all day long. Right now it is 100.5. They now have her on antibiotics for a cold. She has had diarreah (sp) for a few days. Her parents & grandparents are beside themselves thinking she is going to have another seizure. She is scheduled for an MRI. Any help or imput would be appreciated.

Old 07-05-2005, 03:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User
Re: 18 month old + seizures

Hi not really sure if I can help, but I do kind of know what you are going through Over the past 6 months on and off, my little girl has had constant so called viruses and high temperatures. I have taken her to all different doctors and fobbed off with its just a "virus" I have finally found a doctor who knows what he is doing and it has turned out that she has a UTI ( urinary tract infection ) I am as we speak awaiting lab results and am facing having to take her for ultrasounds of her kidneys and liver etc. I am just so ANGRY that every doctor just automatically says virus. Now I am terrified that because of their incompetence that my baby may have had this UTI indefinately which could have caused kidney damage. I assume when your niece was in the hospital they checked her for UTI's ? I just thought I would mention it to you as with all of the research I have done, when children have high temps without any kind of other symptoms its almost always a UTI. Anyway good luck and I hope they come up with some answers for your family very soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2005, 04:13 AM   #3
(female)

DaVinci HB User
Re: 18 month old + seizures

Interestingly, vitamin B6 with magnesium as well as dimethylglycine (DMG) are known to reduce or eliminate seizure activity in some individuals, even in cases where seizure drugs are ineffective.

Closed Thread