It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2005, 04:39 AM   #1

bestdaddy HB User
My son's penis hurts when he urinates

My son is not circumcised. He is 3 turning 4 in about a month. He has recently been complaining that his penis hurts when he urinates. It scares me because when this happens, he refuses to urinate. It takes a lot of convincing to get him to do so.

Last night, or a few hours ago, since I haven't been able to sleep since it happened, he woke up crying that his penis hurt. I am very worried as to why this is happening. He was in a lot of pain and it kills me to see this. Someone please provide some insight on this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2005, 09:49 AM   #2
(female)

missTee HB User
Re: My son's penis hurts when he urinates

The only advice I can offer is to call his pediatrician.He could have a urinary tract infection (females are not the only ones to get this) or some other infections that only a doctor would find with examinations. I hope everything turns out...by the way, if he happens to have a UTI (urinary tract infection) than by him refusing to go to the bathroom will only make it worse. You wouldn't want this to go any further than it has to.Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2005, 03:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

MissTee is right, most likely your son has a urinary infection. Please take him to a doctor soon.

Old 10-11-2005, 04:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

My Son Did This When He Was Little. Turned Out To Be He Got Soap In There And Didn't Wash It Out Good While In The Tub....after That....he Rinsed That Very Well...........

Old 10-12-2005, 09:32 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Dani Girl 78 HB User

I, like all the other poster, say take him to the doctor. It could be a UTI or even a worse infection. I hope all is well and keep us posted.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:30 PM   #6
(male)

headtrip HB User

Get him to soak in a warm bath with baking soda, I know it usually helps with UTI's... I'm sure a search engine would provide more info...

But certainly get a doctor to check it out, no sense taking any chances...

Old 10-15-2005, 03:21 PM   #7
(female)

Des11 HB User

bestdaddy,
My 2 year old has had this same problem on and off since March i highly recommend you take your son to his Dr. He may have a infection underneth the forskin which needs to be treated with antibotics.
Hope everything goes well pls keep us posted

Closed Thread