It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2005, 06:48 AM   #1
(female)

gtown_blondie HB User
How to get those darn loose teeth out!

My 6 year old son's two lower baby teeth are very loose. It wouldn't be a problem but the adult teeth have already started to come in behind them and it looks like he has two rows of teeth! I called the dentist as she told me to try and get the teeth out by suggesting he eat hard (healthy) food using his front teeth. This all sounds reasonable but my son is terrified of losing his teeth! He had a bad accident at the beginning of the school year which involved a rock, a bloody eye and stitches so any mention of blood or pain gets him VERY upset. I need advice on how to get his baby teeth out as painlessly and blood-lessly as possible. Any great advice? I don't want to have to take him to the dentist to get them removed. The dentist mentioned that the sooner the teeth come out, the more likely that the adult teeth will move into their proper position (as the tongue, over time, would push them forward). Otherwise, braces are in our future. Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2005, 07:35 AM   #2
(female)

ChefDisco HB User
Re: How to get those darn loose teeth out!

I recommend eating an apple, As his teeth come out there WILL be blood , he has to understand that when eating it will be very uncomfortable for him if he just leaves them. What mine did was theyjust pushed it around a little (not with a mirror) and then it came out ...or they ate an apple and they fell out, for about 1 minute or so ( i think?) there will be pain and will be blood and he will get a funny taste in his mouth.. It won't take him long to forget about the lost tooth and he will be happy eating without 2 loose teeth...
Hope this helps.

Soph.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2005, 08:16 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

PinkPiglet HB User

If they are quite loose the easiest and most pain free way is to use a kleenex for grip and then TWIST the tooth. Pulling hurts like crazy but if you just twist it, it comes out pretty easy.

My dd was terrified of letting me do it but once I did it she lets me do that for all her teeth now.

Old 12-21-2005, 10:49 AM   #4
(female)

lilbear1978 HB User

My son had the same problem he just lost his first baby tooth on his 7th b-day...he was running around acting like a goof and jumped on to the couch and smacked his face on the arm of the chair and out it popped...So if your kid is clumsy and likes to jump on the couches...let him go for it...lol but i would recommend apples they work great and if he doesn't like apples or fruit give him something hard or chewy...Good luck they will come out

Old 12-23-2005, 11:49 AM   #5
(female)

sivad HB User

We always gave our kids peanut butter on toast for breakfast. We did not say anything about the teeth. First bite or two, out they came.
Good luck. Sivad

Old 12-23-2005, 11:24 PM   #6
(female)

fifistoosh HB User

If they get really loose, be a bit cruel and wait until they are asleep, sneak in and pull them out. I had to do this a couple of times as I thought they might get swallowed during their sleep.

Closed Thread