It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
(female)

Fallon_C HB User
Question My son's feet seem to be VERY sensitive...

When we try to put socks or shoes on him he acts like it hurts when we touch is feet. Could be just be cery tickleish and not understand that that's what it is?? It's even worse when we just put sandles on him. He walks just fine and runs too but it's just when we touch them.

Has anyone experienced this???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2006, 02:13 PM   #2
(female)

worm HB User
Re: My son's feet seem to be VERY sensitive...

Investigate Sensory Integration Disorder and the link at the beginning of children's health that is titled this. Also try reading "the out of sync" child. Your child is possibly really sensitive to tactile things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2006, 04:37 AM   #3
(male)

Bebesh HB User
Re: My son's feet seem to be VERY sensitive...

Have you taken him to a doc??

Old 06-05-2006, 11:26 PM   #4
(female)

Liz Cook HB User
Exclamation Re: My son's feet seem to be VERY sensitive...

Fallon C,

i read and responded to your post about your son not speaking yet earlier today and then i found this one. when you take him for evaluations for his speach be sure to address this as well. these are all symptoms of the same disorder. whether it be something like autism like my son has or sensory intergration disorder (basically crossed sensory wiring that with treatment is pretty curable) it all need to be address as quickly as possible. with your son being 3 his window for really good services is starting to close. not to scare you because this sort of thing can be treated at any age but the trend is now to favor the younger children because early intervention yields better results and once he is school age services change.

make a list and have it ready for your pediatrician of all of his delays and sensory issues. anything like repetitive activities that he does, if he tantrums a lot, if he cant seem to control himself, anything and EVERYTHING you can think of even if you oh, maybe its a stage or its just cute. we thought it was cute when our son was learning to walk and liked to stand on his head to look at things... its not so cute now when everything has to be in a certain place for his viewing pleasure.

i urge you to gather your concerns, meet with your evaluators push them to come up with something. i have to tell you that sensory issues are a major part of autism and that if you dont let the evaluators know all of his issues they are going to misdiagnos him and leave everyone frustrated (not saying autism is it). your other post said that THEY said he has no autistic behaviors well the socks and shoes thing is considered part of my son's autism here in maine. get prepared and get those ducks in a row and give them all the tools they need to help your son.

Last edited by Liz Cook; 06-05-2006 at 11:33 PM.

Closed Thread