It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2006, 08:14 AM   #1
(female)

Junebugs1218 HB User
Question Bumps in daughter's throat

Hi everyone. I am new here and this is my first post. Was wondering if anyone might know what this is or what to do. My daughter had a mild sore throat for about 6 days. When I looked at her throat during that time, I noticed little blister like bumps down the middle of her throat, not on her tonsils. There are 3 little bumps in a row behind one of her tonsils and they are the same color as the back of her throat. She no longer has the sore throat and has never had any other symptoms with it. No fever, no nothing. Doctor did a strep test, it was negative. She said it could be allergies or drainage that would irritate her throat and make the bumps, but they are not going away yet. Its been 3 weeks now. Any suggestions? Has anyone had this experience with your child that you can give me a clue? Thanks so much!!........Connie

Old 07-25-2006, 08:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

claflamme HB User
Re: Bumps in daughter's throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebugs1218
Hi everyone. I am new here and this is my first post. Was wondering if anyone might know what this is or what to do. My daughter had a mild sore throat for about 6 days. When I looked at her throat during that time, I noticed little blister like bumps down the middle of her throat, not on her tonsils. There are 3 little bumps in a row behind one of her tonsils and they are the same color as the back of her throat. She no longer has the sore throat and has never had any other symptoms with it. No fever, no nothing. Doctor did a strep test, it was negative. She said it could be allergies or drainage that would irritate her throat and make the bumps, but they are not going away yet. Its been 3 weeks now. Any suggestions? Has anyone had this experience with your child that you can give me a clue? Thanks so much!!........Connie
My 2 yr old has the same 3 bumps her ent said it was nothing. I think it is a part of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2006, 08:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

claflamme HB User

Forgot to mention I think he said the bumps were enlarged taste buds, And there nothing to worry about.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:08 AM   #4
(female)

Junebugs1218 HB User

Thanks for your reply. I didn't know we had taste buds in the back of our throat, that is very interesting. Doctor said if they werent gone in a couple of weeks to make an appointment with an ENT. I just hate to keep going to the doctor if it is nothing, normal or something that will just go away. Thanks again!!

Closed Thread