It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2006, 03:56 PM   #1
(male)

tal411 HB User
Question My daughter has unexplainable aches and pains

Hi..

I am the father of three girls. My middle child is 6 years old and has been experiencing unexplainable body aches that seem to just appear and go away. Sometimes its her leg, other times its her arm or ear or cheek. The aches have been showing up for a couple of years. She also has had heart burn episodes the past as well. Sometimes she has bizzare skin reactions that result in bumps welling up on her face. Ususally a dose of benadryl takes care of that. The doctors say all of this is nothing but my other two children have none of these types of things. Anyone else seen this?

Old 09-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #2
(female)

confusedBCuser HB User
Re: My daughter has unexplainable aches and pains

Well my first reaction brought me back to when I was young and I went through SEVERE growing pains, to the point where I would lay in my bed and cry. The doctor told my parents that it was 'normal' and there was nothing that could be done about it. Everyone is different, so just because its happening to one child doesnt mean it will to the others. If the swelling/bumps are really concerning you, I would try seeing your family doctor again and stressing the point that it concerns you and maybe he/she could explain it better to you or try seeing another doctor. It never hurts to have a second opinion. When I was going through my growing pains the only thing that helped me was ice cream I hope she feels better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2006, 05:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User
Re: My daughter has unexplainable aches and pains

Aches and pains in children can be just simple growing pains, but it can also be digestive problems lurking in the body.

My son was suffering alot (he was 7 years old at the time) had joint ache and soemtimes stomach ache. I took him to the doctors who then referred him to a gi doc and it tunred out that he had a small digestive problem which was easily fixed with meds.

Since then he has no more aches and pains and is perfectly fine.

It is worrying when your child is ill, especially when doctors put it down to growing pains. I knew it was more than this with my son and i persued it. Listen to your gut instinct, if you feel it may be something more then persue it!

Last edited by Sharon76; 09-15-2006 at 05:42 AM.

Closed Thread