It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
(female)

lucky7 HB User
Bed wetting and strong urine smell in 9 yr old

A friend of mine has a daughter who is in 3rd grade and is having some problems with urinating in her bad at night. She said that she has to wake her up every night to make her go to the bathroom to prevent accidents. Even with that she stills has them. The smell is so strong that my friend can tell in the morning if her daughter has had an accident. Her dughter's room is upstairs and her room is downstairs. She is concerned and they are running tests on her. I was just curious to see if anyone has ever had to deal with this before. She also mentioned that the dr said it seems like her daughter is getting ready to hit puberty (menstrual). I dont know when puberty hits girls.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2006, 04:36 PM   #2
(female)

youngmom_2 HB User
Re: Bed wetting and strong urine smell in 9 yr old

My husband's cousin is only 10 years old and she has to take medication to help her with bladder control. Also, I have heard that strong smelling urine is a sign of diabetes. Hope everything turns out ok.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2006, 05:39 PM   #3
(female)

lucky7 HB User
Re: Bed wetting and strong urine smell in 9 yr old

I just heard more news.

Evidently her urine test results keep coming back contaminated. My friend put latex gloves on and wiped her daughter several times to get the sample. She said they were going to put a catheter in her tomorrow to do another test.
Why would her test continue to come back contaminated? Her mom mentioned diabetes but was not sure of it. She has kept her daughter away from sugar recently due to all of the testing and unanswered dx's.

Closed Thread