It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2006, 05:54 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CruiseMomInSC HB User
Need help with screaming kids

I have an almost 3 year old and an almost 2 year old that scream all the time and it's beyond old. I need advice on how to get this habit to stop!

They scream allllll the time. They can be such sweet children but because they scream so much, people don't want to talk on the phone with us (when they're awake) and when we visit family, etc., we're the nuisances.

ANY suggestions on how to stop this? We're not a loud household, so it's not like we sit in our house and scream all the time -and this would be the norm.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 11-26-2006, 01:17 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CruiseMomInSC HB User
Re: Need help with screaming kids

No one has any suggestions?
I'm at wits end!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2006, 02:03 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

mayam HB User

Do you know what they are screaming about? Is it because they are fighting with each other, to get your attention, frustration or something else?
They are still very young yet but sometimes if you ignore the screaming, especially with the eldest and encourage them to verbalise what the problem is, you can break the habit.
Also keeping them occupied and getting involved in their play, talking with them, praising good behaviour, may help more positive interaction.
I know it is very hard for you with children at these ages but it will not last forever. They will learn there are better ways to communicate as they get older. Perhaps the other members of the family can help with their care some of the time, try and enlist their help and discuss your feelings of being regarded as nuisances by them.
Good luck
Maya

Old 11-27-2006, 11:26 AM   #4
(female)

nicky2005 HB User

DS did that when he was about a year old and i got some really good suggestions from this board. Whenever DS would scream i would wisper back to him which he could not hear becoz of all the screaming. To hear what i was saying he had to stop screaming. We did that evrytime he screamed and eventually he stopped screaming. We would just wisper back to him that if he screams we cant hear him. I dont know if this will help with older kids but there is no harm in trying it out.
Good Luck!

Closed Thread