It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2007, 09:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
toddler complains of foot pain often

My son will be 3 in february and seems to complain that his foot hurts a lot. It isn't always the same foot (they seem to alternate.) It always comes on when he is just sitting down watching tv or once it happened when he was just sitting in his car seat. He acts like it hurts a lot so I massage it and that makes it feel better. I just massage his feet until the pain stops and it seems to work. At first I thought it was a foot cramp or his foot fell asleep. My husband seems to think it is growing pains. I am wondering if I should consult his pediatrician or not worry about it. This seems to happen once a week or so. If he is being active and not laying around it doesn't even happen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #2
(female)

SofteeatHeart HB User
Re: toddler complains of foot pain often

Hi. It is always better to let your pediatrician know what is going on and he or she can assess whether it is something to be concerned about. Please calll you Dr's office on Monday morning and make an apt for him to be seen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2007, 03:06 PM   #3
(male)

scottie67 HB User

hi my son was the same, allso at the age of 3, he would wake in the middle of the night screaming with pain in his feet. the doctor prescribed special insteps and high supporting boots so his feet would form properly, and stop him becoming flat footed. the days he wears them nonstop is ok,but there are days when he takes them off even for an hour or two and the agony is back.
he gave him some vitamins as well.
hope it all ends ok for your little boy.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:03 PM   #4
(female)

annymarie HB User

I've been searching everywhere online for some info on this. My son is almost 2 1/2 and he has also been waking up in the middle of the night screaming and grabbing his foot. I just assumed it was spasms because I get them alot at night. and I too massaged it and after about a 1/2 hour he fell back asleep.
But his teacher brought it to my attention during school hours and it happened twice there and once with me during the day now. I made an appointment for tomorrow with his pediatrician. Isn't it horrible to see them scream like that and not be able to help.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:16 PM   #5
(female)

SkittleKit HB User

My son also had this at times... mostly in the middle of the night and it was when he was always going through a growth spurt..about every other month. I always kept a tube of Ben Gay on the night stand for this kind of thing...and still do for those rare occasions. (my son is now 6)

My doctor told me that it was fine to use and I don't use a huge amount. But it does seem to help with the pain a bit.

~SkittleKit

Closed Thread