It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 02:34 AM   #1
(female)

sarahponari HB User
5 year old always has stomach ache

my 5 year old daughter always has stomach ache, she doesnt get constipated or anything like that its just her stomach is nearly always hurting her, she doesnt eat much though, so could tis be why she has stomach ache all the time or could it be the other way around that she isnt eating because she has stomach ache?
she is just below average for her weight(only a tiny bit under), but she has always until about a year and a half ago been above average for her weight
do you think like me that it could just be because she is not eating enough or do you think i should take her to the drs to get her checked out?

Old 02-19-2007, 06:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: 5 year old always has stomach ache

Sarah, I would definitely get her checked out by a doctor. Has she had any changes in her life when this started like maybe starting school or moving or a new person in her life or the loss of someone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2007, 07:51 AM   #3
(female)

sarahponari HB User

no she hasnt had anything changed in the past year and a half since it started, things happened before that, as in 6 months before it started,we moved house and we had a new baby but that was quite a bit before all the stomach ache started. i think i will take her to the doctors just to check it out then, thanks for your help

Old 02-19-2007, 08:53 AM   #4
(female)

babyluv45 HB User

I was the same way when I was her age and it turned out I was lactose intolerant. just a thought. hope she feels better!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:02 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

PinkPiglet HB User

My first thought is an allergy to milk. I would take it all out of her diet. All dairy - and see how her stomach does.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:59 AM   #6
(female)

Jones0323 HB User
Talking Re: 5 year old always has stomach ache

My 5 yr old DD is going through the same thing. She has been having this stomach pain in the same spot for almost a yr now. It dont move around as if it was gas or something. I have been round and round with her pedi and not getting anywhere. They keep saying she is constipated or is a stomach bug and what not. I knew those wasnt the issue so I took her to a gastro dr and he is now sending her over to see a ID dr (infectious disease). We go on the 27th to see her. I will let you know how it goes. Also if you find anything out pls let me know as well.

Last edited by Jones0323; 02-23-2007 at 06:00 AM.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:47 PM   #7
(female)

dfroman1166 HB User

My 6 year old has the same issues. She was sick with the stomache flu twice this winter in December and again in mid-January. Seems ever since then she complains about her tummy every morning and night. She seems to be fine all day and eats very well - almost too much!
She's a very dramatic little girl so that may be part of the problem. I've decided to schedule an appointment with her pediatrician just to be sure. Any other suggestions?
Dee

Old 02-26-2007, 03:25 AM   #8
(female)

sarahponari HB User

hi, well i have taken dairy out of my daughters diet now for almost a week, i thought it was going well until last night she started complaining again of stomach ache which she still had this morning, so now i am not sure if it is lactose intlerance or what it is, but ive decided im going to give it a few more days and if she still complains about her stomach i will have to take her to the doctor and make sure they do something to find out what is wrong, as our doctors are not very quick at deciding who to refer people too, they just seem to make excuses or reasons of what it could be without checking

Old 02-26-2007, 04:45 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dfroman, after stomach viruses a person can get temporary lactose intolerance.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:34 AM   #10
(female)

Jones0323 HB User

Well we had our appt with the infectious disease dr. He looked over her blood work and she has Helicobacter Pylori (H. Pylori) it is a bacteria that can cause stomach irritation (gastritis), heartburn, nausea and bloating, and ulcers in the stomach and intestine. He said it looks like she has the ulcers in the intestines. He called for more test today, we go back in 2 wks for the results of those.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jones0323 For This Useful Post:
ceister (05-15-2012)
Old 02-27-2007, 11:46 AM   #11
(female)

sarahponari HB User

thanks for keepingme informed i think i am definatley gona have to get my daughter an appointment atthe doctors next week as she has been complaining ofstomach ache again today, so i think it has come to the point that i need to get it sorted once and for all, just incase there is any chance it could be something serious which would need sorting straight away(fingers crossed its not though)

Old 02-27-2007, 12:37 PM   #12
(female)

Skinamarinka HB User

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your daughter's stomaches. Have you tried probiotics at all? I definitely think you should have your pediatrician check her out, but also, building a healthy intestinal flora could be beneficial. There are different formulas for different ages. My children have been on Garden of Life's Primal Defense Kids and also Nature's Way Primadophilis.

My son was on antibiotics at birth for an infection and at about 4 months he stopped pooping. After no change after 1 week, I started giving him the Infant version of Primadolphilis and he began pooping normally within a few days. Also, babies that are born by C-section do not get the same gut population of the good bacteria as vaginal babies do by going through the birth canal.

If the doctors find nothing else wrong with her, maybe building up her probiotic levels could help.

Best wishes.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User

I used to have stomach aches/problems when I was a child. My parents took me to the Dr. for it NUMEROUS times only to come up empty handed. Turns out that I have Celiac Disease. I was misdiagnosed until I was about 24 years old. My mom later apologized to me because for all those years she thought I was faking it!!

Anyway, I hope they can find out what is wrong with your daughter. Good luck!
PCOS

Old 02-27-2007, 07:04 PM   #14
(female)

NYtoTN HB User

My grandson is 10 and he has been complaining of a stomach ache for the past month. He has also been vomitting. The dr was treating him for an ulcer. But the symptoms continued. So 2 days ago he had a sonogram which showed that his liver is enlarged. Today more tests showed that the liver is enlarged due to his kidneys not funtioning properly. They took more blood today. And depending on the results tomorrow morning he may need to have an emergency kidney biopsy. We are so worried. This started as a stomach ache and then progressed. So please get your daughter tested for whatever the cause of her stomach ache may be.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:37 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Skinamarinka, I'm with you on probiotics. We use them when we have to take antibiotics and after a stomach virus and also to improve allergies (since immune cells are in the gut). They really help. Concerning what you are talking about with vaginal births/C sections. My oldest daughter was a C section and my youngest was a vaginal birth. Whenever I was pregnant I suffered from vaginosis (normal flora imbalance) and I had to eat yogurt every day. I have very allergic genes and my normal flora is off a bit. Well, my first daughter, the C section only has inhaled allergies. My second daughter, the vaginal birth developed leaky gut syndrome. The normal flora in her gut was extremely messed up (we had a stool culture done). She even had some harmful, abnormal bacteria. She went on to develop some extreme food allergies (an alternative doctor gave her food allergy shots, however, and fixed up her normal flora, so all is well now!). So my oldest received her normal flora in her gut from the environment after birth and my youngest received her normal flora from my birth canal - unlucky girl.

Closed Thread