It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2007, 07:54 AM   #1
(female)

Zachsmommy HB User
Question Behavior issues in a three year old

My son is 3 and I am a little concerned. He has been acting up more and more.Our quality time together has turned into more time spent trying to stop him from screaming. Before I start I just want to say that there are sooo many amazing qualities in my son, however I will be stating the issues I have been having with him in this post. He has always been a very active child, however I notice more and more that he is not paying attention, he is throwing fits, disregarding our rules and disrespecting us and his/our belongings. His fits have become terrifing. He flails and screams so badly that we have had complaints from other tenant in our building. He is getting hurt because he is not paying attention (walking into things, falling). He has even hit/pushed me, if i ask him to do anything he will scream. We have had some suggestions of ADHD but I don't know if these are "normal" 3 year old issues as he is our first. I just don't know what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated. *sorry this is so long*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2007, 10:20 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

meechieny HB User
Re: Behavior issues in a three year old

I think the terriable 3's are much worse than the terrible 2's, but I think your concerns are valid. I don't know what kind of services you have in Canada, but you may want to contact your doctor and have them direct you to getting a developmental evaluation. He may have someting a little more going on and this may give you a little direction and peace for both of you. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2007, 09:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twiceblessed HB User
Question Re: Behavior issues in a three year old

I agree with the previous post that 2's are a piece of cake! They REALLY need to change that phrase to terrible 3's!! Both my kids were much more of a "handful" at this time.

As for your specific situation, are there any changes in the home life? Childcare arrangemetns? Etc? Are either parents/guardians under stress? I have been amazed to watch what we put our kids through without really noticing it. They absorb EVERYTHING!!

Closed Thread