It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2007, 12:56 AM   #1
(female)

nikki2006 HB User
Post viral rash?

does any one now how long a post viral rash lasts for?

My 4 year old had a tummy bug 3 weeks ago, he came out in spots,, once the vomiting had stopped i took him to the dr to see what the spots were, he said just a post viral rash,(id not heard of that before) 3 weeks on and he still has them all over his tummy, under his arms and by the groin area.. there are more than we he saw the dr the first time.. they dont seem itchy at all but sum look like they mite scar.. i am debating weather to take him back to the dr but i wont bother if these rashes just take ages to clear up.. the bug he had lasted a few days and wen he was his old self again, the spots were still comming out although they arent now, they just dont seem to be going away.

Last edited by nikki2006; 03-31-2007 at 12:58 AM.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
(female)

cambria HB User
Re: Post viral rash?

I just had the exact same thing happen with my son! My mom had come down with some odd viral thing the night that she and my dad babysat my son. Two days later, he woke up with a fever. He never threw up but he had diahrrea (my mom had both). The fever lasted a couple days. Then two days after that went away, he developed a rash on his tummy, chest, back, neck, groin, and even a little into his face. Took him to the doctor and was told it was just a post viral rash. It came and went and came and went again and again, over a period of two weeks. Now the rash is gone but he's got a swollen gland in his groin that's got me worried.

If you're still not seeing ANY improvement after 3 weeks, I'd probably take him in again. Couldn't hurt!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2007, 11:49 AM   #3
(female)

nikki2006 HB User

thanks cambria! i think ill take him back to the dr today.. i have searched the interent everywhere to find out how long this should last and just cant find anything! ill keep you posted as to wot the dr says! what does a swollen gland mean ?

Old 04-03-2007, 02:26 AM   #4
(female)

nikki2006 HB User

just an update.. i took my son to the dr's and apparently he does have chickenpox! dr said chicken pox can appear differently on different kids.. like.. he wasnt scratching, there was no puss ect.. however he in the last 48 hours has started scratching!

the doctor also said that he may have a post viral rash to start with and while his immunityw as low, got chicken pox which could be why it seemed he had a rash for so long.. and he has swallen glands.. thanks for your imput cambria

Closed Thread