It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User
Red face Allergic to diapers??????

My son is 2 years old, and weve always used Pampers Cruisers and never had a problem, Well, recently we bought a "generic brand" And noticed my son scratching his butt, I thought nothing of it until tonight...I took a GOOD look, and his butt cheeks are red, and full if little bumps, and scratches. I feel awful! Could it be an allergic reaction?????He dosent have them anywhere else.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:11 PM   #2
(female)

cambria HB User
Re: Allergic to diapers??????

Ya know, it's funny that you posted this... I've posted a couple messages recently about my son having had a rash. It's gone now, but I was kind of wondering in the beginning if his rash wasn't due to using a different kind of diaper. We always use Huggies and the day that he developed his rash, I had used a generic brand on him because we'd run out of his regular diapers. It was weird because the rash DID start in the groin/lower stomach and butt area. Then it traveled up his stomach, chest, and back a little. But he also ended up getting a little bit on his face, so that kind of makes me doubt that it was the diapers. Who knows though? I'm sure it's possible, at least in your son's case! Since it's localized like that, I would definitely think that's the case. Just keep an eye on it and see whether it starts moving around, and whether or not he developes a temperature. I just betcha that's all it is though.

When my son had his rash, I bathed him in that Aveeno stuff...um... darnit I can't remember what exactly it's called. But it's the box that has like 5 packets of this powdery stuff that's great for rashes. It really seemed to soothe his skin.

Last edited by cambria; 04-06-2007 at 08:16 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2007, 12:29 PM   #3
(female)

plainjayne HB User
Re: Allergic to diapers??????

do you ever use certain sanitary pads that make you like that down below? cheap ones are like plastic and more expensive ones seem to be more breathable im sure its the same with pampers they area better brand than whatever cheaper ones you have there. i always used pampers brand on my children because i couldnt bear the thought of them feeling sweaty or the nappy being less absorbant. use the brand you know is best for your child

Closed Thread