I have a history of ulcerative Colitis.
These are the signs to look for.
1) Mucous covering bowel movement. ( white webbing)
2) Blood in bowel movement. ( mixed in) ( or just on top)
3) Lots of cramping and pain
4) The need to always go to the bathroom
6) Severe pain in lower abdominal area
7) Lots of gas ( odd smell to it)
8) A change in size of bowel movement ( skinny bowels)
Also know that if the blood is bright red, its coming from your lower colon.
If it is darker blood it's coming from either your small intestines or higher up in the colon.
Always get this checked out from your doctor right away. Blood in the stool is something to be serious about. Never put it off.
There are meds for this to heal it ..when you catch it in time.
The triggers for Ulcerative Colitis is stress. And spicy food. Acid fruits like apple, lime, lemon, pineapple, all those kinds of fruits I stay away from. Or the problem could be just hereditary. Oh and stay away from popcorn!!!!