It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2007, 09:03 PM   #1
(female)

cowgirl2703 HB User
Unhappy hard, bb-sized lump under 11 yr. old daughter's skin

Friday night, my daughter came to me really worried about a hard, little knot, about the size of a bb under her skin and its located under her right breast about half an inch under her areola. It doesn't hurt and she doesn't have a fever to indicate infection. She's only 11. Has anyone had this happen to their daughters? I am really concerned. Thank you!

Old 07-15-2007, 09:10 PM   #2
(female)

Holly_WA HB User
Re: hard, bb-sized lump under 11 yr. old daughter's skin

Does she have breast tissue? My friend took her dd in for the same thing. The Dr told her it was a breast bud. It's been over 1 year since and she finally "developed".

I would definitely get it checked out though!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2007, 06:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: hard, bb-sized lump under 11 yr. old daughter's skin

Has she started her cycles yet? This also happens about the week before one has their period.. It is the activation or swelling of a gland. If your daughter has started her cycles it wouldn't hurt to take her to a female OB and get her introduced to the whole ordeal early. I had issues with my cycles and was on BC's early as a result. Now because I am a naturally large busted women with lumpy breasts (fibrocystic disease of the breast) I have been having to have mamograms yearly since I was 29 to keep an eye on things.

60% of women have a degree of this and suffers have lower incidences of breast cancer. Given your daughter's age I would suspect she is about to hit puberty and grow in all the expected places.. and start her cycle if she hasn't already. An OB-Gyn would be able to talk to her and alieve any fears you have after a physical examination.

Sincerely,
MG

Closed Thread