It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007, 10:23 AM   #1
(female)

meremere HB User
Recurring fevers in 6 year old

My dd has been getting high fevers every 3 weeks on the nose. They are between 102-103.5. She has just had her third fever in 9 weeks. They only last for about 24 hours, and she is back to being her carefree self. Inbetween fevers she acts normally. We've had a CBC with diff. run, urinalysis and a strep test--all negative and results were normal.

Is there anything that we are missing? Anything you can think of?
From what info I can gather, sometimes this just happens, but I just want to be sure that its not something more serious. I feel releived that the CBC didn't show anything too crazy, but if there are other tests to do, I'm willing to do them.
THanks for your help!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Recurring fevers in 6 year old

Ask your doctor to test for PI, Primary Immunodefiency. Research it on the Internet. I'm sure everything is ok, but it's best to be sure. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2007, 04:16 AM   #3
(female)

HRWade HB User

My 19 year old brother has been having "mystery fevers" his whole life. Like your DD, it's every 3-4 weeks that lasts about 24 hours. He has had every test known to man to find out what causes the fever, but the doctors could never find anything & they thought he would grow out of it, but he hasn't yet. My 5 yo DD also gets them about twice a year, usually after she has been very active. Good luck with DD, I hope you can find an answer.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:35 AM   #4
(female)

meremere HB User

Thats very interesting. My dd's fevers have only come on since the summer, and she has been pretty active as well. They only also last about 24 hours. She just got over a fever, but was complaining of a sore throat (dr said her throat was red, but strep test came back neg). Perhaps she has legitimately been "sick" these last two times with some sort of throat virus, but it is still odd for her.
It seems that since her blood work is normal, it can't be anything TOO serious--that seems to have ruled out most of the big diseases and such. I really appreciate everyone's input and advice.
I'm just hoping this is the last of the fevers and I wont have to worry any more about them.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:35 PM   #5
(female)

horseygirl14 HB User

I was just logging in to post about the same thing. My 5 year old has had about 4 mysterious fevers in the last 4-6 months. They occur in the early evening and by the next morning they are gone. I haven't taken him to the dr. yet but I am going to. What kinds of tests do they run or what should I ask for.

Thanks.

Closed Thread