It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2007, 05:20 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User
Son can't take cold meds

Hi all- my son is 5 years old. He reacts badly to cold meds/antihistamines. Right now he is suffering with a terrible cold and now coughing. I spoke with his doctor and other than rubbing vicks on him (which didn't work) I even got the one that dissolves in the shower AND the one you plug in in the bedroom. Nothing is helping him. Does anyone know any other way to help clear him up? I know you can't make a cold go away-I just want to ease his symptoms. Anything natural?
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2007, 11:48 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

mcr285 HB Usermcr285 HB User
Re: Son can't take cold meds

what cold meds have you tried, and how does he react to them?

to ease coughing, i always give my three year old hot honey and lemon mixed with water and apple juice, and it works really well. a good steamy bathroom works great to loosen up a cough too. i also completely cut out all dairy products for the duration of the cold, and i try to add as much natural vitamin c to her diet as well (citrus fruits and sweet potatoes are her favorites!). my three year old also loves to eat pace picante sauce and chips -- the medium is spicy enough to make her nose run, but not so bad that it hurts her -- so i let her have it as a treat when she has a cold! it sounds weird, but it works!

anyway, those are just a few natural things we do at home... hope it helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread