It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2007, 08:04 PM   #1
(female)

DanceMom95 HB User
My 12 year old daughter has LARGE lump in her left breats

My 12 year old daughter has a very large lump in her left breast. It is very tender. She noticed last week a large difference in size between her 2 breasts (the left is 2x the size of the right) Part of it moves around - it is on the half of her breast closer to her armpit and extends beneath her aereola. She had the "breast bud" triangle/teepee boobs and now they have the shape of real breasts but I am scared to death for her as she just old me at 10pm on a Saturday night that this is there - My maternal grandma lost her breasts to BC and her sister died from it. I just had 2 large 4 cm lumps diagnosed myself.

Any information would be so helpful - is it possible for a 12 year old to have breast cancer? Cound it be some kind of lymphoma?

Thanks!

Old 08-25-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: My 12 year old daughter has LARGE lump in her left breats

To be safe take your daughter to the doctor ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
(female)

stcmom2 HB User

I agree -- immediately take your daughter to the daughter to the doctor. BUT. As you may have found out by now, (after exhausting tests of mammograms, ultrasounds, etc.) - hormones can stimulate the growth of cysts in breasts, especially in young people whom are just getting their estrogen influx. They may do an ultrasound and needle biopsy first as she is so young before a mammogram. As a general rule (But DO NOT QUOTE ME!!) if something appears fast, it is generally something such as a cyst. The fact that it is tender leads me to believe that it could be cystic. However, always get something suspicious checked out. Best wishes and good luck to you both.

Last edited by stcmom2; 08-26-2007 at 02:42 PM. Reason: add information relevant to topic

Old 08-27-2007, 05:46 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

I would take her to the GYN. However, I remember this happening to me right before my first period. The other breast follow suit shortly afterward. But getting an early baseline with a GYN can help in the future. Thus for peace of mind I would see a doctor if I were you.

Sincerely,
MG

Closed Thread