It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User
Exclamation My 7 year old has vaginal discharge....

Hello, about a year ago, I wrote a post about my daughter having a green discharge, then peeing blood...went to ER, AND Pediatrician,everything came back normal.."Its her normal fluids, its how her body cleanses"So...everything went away!Now, Thursday morning she said her undies had some stuff on them....I looked...its like a off white/lgt. yellow discharge..no odor. She took a soak, went away until the next day, It came back again, I alled Pediatricain, and she said as long as there is no itch-no burn- no odor, Its her body cleansing itself of normal vaginal discharge. Do all girls have a discharge??? Any help would be great!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2007, 05:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mom22greatkids HB User
Re: My 7 year old has vaginal discharge....

I don't think it is normal. I would take her to another doctor. Have they sent any samples to the lab for culture? My daughter is 5.5 and does not have any discharge. I know this is very sensitive, but is it possible at all she is being abused?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2007, 07:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

Hi DNS

My daughter is 7 and she has the same problem. I have had her to the doctors endless times about it.

Heres what i was told.

All girls produce discharge, some produce it younger than others. Increase her fluid intake, avoid all fragrances in the bath and lower her sugar intake. I was also given thrush cream for her. Try and avoid her wearing trousers and only wear cotton underwear.

Since i have been doing this she has been great, no problems what so ever. When she is in the bath i let her have a soak, then wash her hair and body at the very last minute and get her straight out. She has been fine since.

I hope this advice I was given can also help you.

So, as far as all the doctors I have seen regarding this, discharge is normal as it is the body's way of cleaning the vagina.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Sharon x

Old 09-03-2007, 04:47 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Cool Re: My 7 year old has vaginal discharge....

Thank you SO much!!! Its so reassuring to know some other girls have this!! She is slightly overweight too. I will start pushing the water, and less sugar as of today!!!! Thank you SO much!!!!!! I was so worried about this!Scared she was goignt o have this 4ever...THANK YOU!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon76 View Post
Hi DNS

My daughter is 7 and she has the same problem. I have had her to the doctors endless times about it.

Heres what i was told.

All girls produce discharge, some produce it younger than others. Increase her fluid intake, avoid all fragrances in the bath and lower her sugar intake. I was also given thrush cream for her. Try and avoid her wearing trousers and only wear cotton underwear.

Since i have been doing this she has been great, no problems what so ever. When she is in the bath i let her have a soak, then wash her hair and body at the very last minute and get her straight out. She has been fine since.

I hope this advice I was given can also help you.

So, as far as all the doctors I have seen regarding this, discharge is normal as it is the body's way of cleaning the vagina.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Sharon x

Last edited by DNSX3; 09-03-2007 at 04:48 PM.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

Hi Dnx

You're welcome, I'm glad it has helped you.

I think when the doctors say it is normal, i think they mean that girls mature at different ages and different rates, but my doctor isn't too concerned over my daughter.

Good luck

Sharon x

Old 09-04-2007, 09:02 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

DNSX3,

I don't have children, but this thread caught my eye. I spent well into my adulthood with chronic vaginal infections. A gyno finally explained to me that perhaps 10% of females have vaginal openings that aren't "water-tight". This means that all those years that I was using the bath as a way to get clean and as a wonderful way to relax were really not so wonderful for me. I realized that I could sit in the bathtub and "squeeze" out water from my vagina. This means that while I was sitting there, relaxed, bath water was entering my vagina. Soap makes water alkaline, which is not a good environment for the vagina.

After I learned this, I never took another sit-in-the-water bath again. I take showers. I wear 100% cotton underwear, as Sharon76 says. These two changes alone mean that I rarely have vaginal infections -- occasionally after sex, but your daughter is certainly too young for that.

Good luck on tracking down the cause of this. Of course, it may not be anything related to what worked for me, but I wanted to share that your daughter is not alone with this.

--Rheanna

Old 09-04-2007, 12:51 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Thank you all so much~ All this information helps me alot! Ive been pluged with BV & YI since pregnancies, and I do not want my daughter having them issues. Thank you.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #8
(female)

Technokittie HB User

dont worry, I can remember when I was a child and I had visits to the doctor, they would check for discharge..and I did have plenty, and the doctor said it was normal.

But you shouldnt give her so many baths.

As girls we have a very short distance between 3 holes, and from our urethra to the bladder..its easy to pass bacteria along, which can cause infections, bad smells and lots of discharge..which is our bodies way of moving things out of there.

The vagina is amazing..its self cleaning. So all of that discharge coulkd mean theres alot to clean out.

SHe could be getting little amounts of the wrong bacteria or soaps that could bother it..in BATHS.

Never give little girls bubble baths..I know its fun, but as a kid I suffered from SO many bladder infections that way. If we get soap up there it causes an unbalance in acidity and natural bacteria.. which can again..cause infections or just alot of discharge from it trying to clean itself and right the balance again.

ALSO.. make SURE she whipes front to back.. even if its hard to do..what I do is whipe pushing it instead of pulling the TP, or whipe each area separately and make sure its all cleaned up. Maybe you should buy babywhipes..keep them next to the toilet and have her use them.. it helps clean up the area as well..and it made for senative areas and will not upset anything.

because even a tiny spec of poo near the vagina can upset it and cause it to take its own personal precautions..or infect it.

Children could get yeast infections..you dont need to have sex to get it.

I got one just from whipeing wrong, and I was almost to embarrassed to tell my mom as a kid..because people always think its from to much sex..but its not.

Its an imbalance of the natural bacteria in the vagina..which can again..cause discharge.

SO just be wary of these things with her, and have her learn to take care of the delicate balance of her own vagina as she grows up. ^^

Plus..dont be worried she's to young to start changes... I started hitting puberty at age 7.. I had breast by then.. so she could also be starting changes too.

Sorry for the long post but well..discharge could mean anything ^^.

Closed Thread