It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2007, 07:27 AM   #1
(male)

johnny1 HB User
what can i give my 5 year old who is vomiting

what can i give my 5 year old who is vomiting

Old 12-31-2007, 07:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User
Re: what can i give my 5 year old who is vomiting

Really, unless it's relentless I wouldn't give him anything. From what I've been told it's best to get it out. You don't want to stop it and have all that bad stuff sitting in him. He's throwing up for a reason, it needs to come out. My son just went through this and it was awful to watch and I also was getting ready to take him to the doctor because he couldn't go 5 min. without throwing up. He actually wanted to stay laying on the bathroom floor! He's also 5 by the way. Then all of a sudden after a few hours of this- he just stopped. He was able to take some ginger ale and plain crackers. I would say if you can't get anything into him to rehydrate after about a day and he's still doing this then it may be time for the doctor because you don't want dehydration. I'm sorry I keep saying he-I have no idea if you have a boy or a girl?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Addison's or hashimoto's or hypothyrodism or lupus or what? jessmariebfly Addison's Disease 5 04-23-2010 03:58 PM
what can i do to comfort my 11 month old with his cold!? lost_n_confused Infant Care (up to 18 months old) 6 12-23-2009 01:17 PM
Seeing a Neurologist Next Week... What do you think? ljd88 Neurology 2 07-29-2007 05:27 PM
3 yr old vomiting What do I feed him? Tiffyholman Children's Health 1 11-03-2005 01:13 PM
Please share your stories...what do you have anxiety over? singer1 Anxiety 127 09-08-2005 10:49 AM