It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
(female)

dixie7 HB User
3 year old won't "poop" in the toilet

My 3 year old daughter is potty trained and has been for well over a year..but she still won't poop in the toilet..she knows when she has to go because she goes and gets a diaper and has me put it on her and no matter how much I try to get her to go in the toilet she refuses and has a fit..obviously it is some kind of fear or something..any ideas how to get her to go?

Old 04-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sem627 HB User
Re: 3 year old won't "poop" in the toilet

With our daughter we had to make her naked from the bottom down. We had the little potty out and she just went because there was nowhere else for her to "put" the poop. I guess there's a risk of her just going on the floor. But my daughter would poop in her underwear. So if I knew she needed to go, I would just take everything off and ignore her. Asking her to go made it much worse. She would have a fit, so we decided to ignore her and not say anything at all about going on the potty. Finally she got uncomfortable and would just go and sit on the little potty and go. We made a huge deal about it and eventually she just did it. Now my daughter was 2.5at that time, so a 3 year old might be a little smarter for it, but it's worth a try.

For what it's worth, my oldest daughter was like yours. She was 2 and would pee, but didn't poop until 3. I tried everything, rewards, wrapped gifts, bribes....she eventually just did it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

The only way I got my older daught to do it was to take away all of the diapers and pull ups so she had no other option. Yes, you do risk her going in her underwear or on the floor if you use the naked option, but it's almost liek you have to take that risk to prove the point of "that's where big girls go poop".

Like the other poster said, if you don't make such a big fuss about it and don't give her any other options then she will eventually have to put it somewhere.

Good luck!

Old 04-22-2008, 12:25 PM   #4
(female)

GirlinWayside HB User

I wish I had some advice for you. MY daughter is 4.5 and still does not poop in the potty. its already cost her preschool and if something doesnt change in three months, she wont be able to go to pre-k either.

I have tried everything known to man and nothing has helped here - at all.

Closed Thread