It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
(female)

jowi HB User
Anisocoria in infant (Unequal pupil size)

My DD (2 months) has pupils that in indoor light and dim light are very unequal. The right one doesn't dilate as much as the left. I took her to a pediatric ophthalmologist last Thursday. He dilated her eyes and looked her over and felt she didn't have Horner's, yet he didn't do the cocaine test (they don't keep it in the office), which I had read was the definitive test. This is a respected doctor, etc., and I do 'trust' him, but only as much as I'm willing to trust anyone with MY CHILD's life, you know? Anyway, I'm not sure how much I should push the issue. I called the pediatrician to request the urine tests they do to check for tumor markers, which they do to screen for neuroblastoma. If that comes back normal, then I wonder if I should drop it or push for MRI? MRI carries the risks of the anesthesia.

Does anyone have a child with this or have advice for me? The size difference is about 2 MM - it's not a small difference. It's pretty noticeable. I wish I could just be at rest after the doctor looked at her, but I'm really still worried. If it was something like neuroblastoma, this is something that needs to be found early for the best cure chances.

Just looking for anyone BTDT? There are some threads in the archives, but they're locked, so I can't get an update.

Thanks!

Last edited by jowi; 06-17-2008 at 05:16 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread