It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
(female)

sschall33 HB User
Pin Worms

Is there an over the counter or natural medicine that can be taken?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
(female)

felix61379 HB User
Re: Pin Worms

Not that I know of. My son had to go on antibiotics to FINALLY get rid of them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

Reeses PinWorm Medicine is an over the counter product, but there are several available. Medications kill only the adult worms and have no effect on developing eggs and larvae. Make sure you wash everything, especially bedding! It can spread to others in the household. To treat this naturally, cleansing the colon is a cure because it eliminates pin worms and heals the intestinal walls. They make Paranil Jr. for kids and it is a natural way to kill parasites that may interest you. Add real garlic to your child's meals, make pasta and add fresh chopped garlic as it in naturally antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal naturally and does not have the side effects an chemicals like medicines do. Do you know where your child might have picked this up at? I am just curious, I hope they are better very soon.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:40 PM   #4
(female)

jamilhold HB User

Well are are the tell tell signs of Pinworms.. some say when a child sleep on thier kness at night... it this true..

Old 07-19-2008, 11:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Denise98 HB User

I also heard that you stick a piece of tape on there butts at night to see if you can catch any to make sure they really have them.. Is that true? I think you can pick them up from kids even playing outside in the dirt and then biting there fingernails. Atleast thats what I was told when I was young.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

The tape is also a suggestions. You want to remove the eggs the worm lays around the anus and also a suggestion I have read is that wait an hour or so after the child has fallen asleep and take a flashlight and watch for the mother worn to come out and capture it and take it to the doctor for identification.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:24 AM   #7
(female)

felix61379 HB User

My son had worms for quite awhile before anyone could diagnose them. I looked EVERY night for weeks and never once saw any worms. My pediatrician told me that in all the years she has practiced, they rarely ever actually see the worms, but treat due to the symptoms. Thank goodness for that because my son was going crazy! Once he was on the antibiotic for 1 day, he was already feeling better.

The signs for me were the crazy crying every night. He would wake screaming and only go back to sleep after being held and consoled. He eventually got a yeast infection from all the scratching around his crotch. My doctor told me they are highly contagious and that kids get them all the time.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Do you ever see the white sticky eggs? I am just curious.....this is new to me and I would like to prevent this from happening to my daughter. I put eucalyptus, lavendar, or tea tree oil is her regular baths and they naturally are antibacterial, viral, etc. So her body is always soaking in it. This is an interesting topic, I feel terrible for the children that have to experience this.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:18 AM   #9
(female)

felix61379 HB User

I really am unsure of any way to prevent them. If you find anything concrete, please pass it on! It wasn't at all fun dealing with my son when he was 15 months old and screaming every night. It never seemed like he was in pain or anything, so it took awhile for me to get him to the doctor. He suggested looking at the anus with a flashlight at night when changing his diaper. I never saw anything. This went on for about a month. FINALLY when the yeast infection presented itself, they treated that along with the assumed pin worms. It cleared up right away. My doctor told me "a child without pin worms is a kid without friends". I assume from that they are very common. My kids are stay at home kids (all under 4), so they picked them up from who know's where. I haven't come across them again since that time 2 years ago. But you never know!

Old 07-21-2008, 08:33 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

I add essential oils that are purely from nature and naturally kill funus, virus's, bacteria to my daughters daily baths, so it is a form of prevention not only from something like pin worms but a whole array of things. She is two and have never been sick in her life including runny nose, cough, colds. Doing something simple like that would be a great start to prevent rather than treat something after the child catches it. I am intrigued by these pin worms, I never heard of them before and I have been reading a lot about it. I feel terrible for children you have to go through this, so uncomfortable. Also yeast infections can be prevented or treated by having the child eat yogurt or better yet, probiotics yogurts. I give these to Alexa on a daily basis so she keeps plenty of freindly bacteria in her body and boost her immune system.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:49 PM   #11
(female)

jill60 HB User

A friend of mine said her daughter had pin worms, she shined the flashlight at night & she said she could clearly see them.
My mother said when I was young I had pin worms alot. Mom always said you just got them from playing outside in the dirt. Kids probably don't play in the dirt as much now days, dirt gets under the nails etc. I just know they are very very common.

Jill

Last edited by jill60; 07-21-2008 at 09:52 PM.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #12
(female)

quite HB User

hi im 16 i have had some anal problems like itching and discomfert sense i was 13 maybe younger i dont remeber well i whent to itch it tonight and i saw this little white thing under my nail a pulled it off and started poking it started to move so i when on line looked it up found out i might have pinworms just to make sure i look up a picture and it looked like what i had found meaning i had it for 3 years my doctor never found it even tho he looked into it and now im shy about telling my mom sense we dont have any insurens. is there any like simple home remody to get rid of them whith out my mom finding out because i dont want to worry her

Last edited by quite; 01-01-2009 at 08:49 PM.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

The best way to get rid of them is with a medicine, such as albendazole (Albenza) or mebendazole (Vermox). It shouldn't cost much for you to go to a clinic and get it. It's important that you tell your mom, though, so you can get treatment, and so anyone else in the family who has it can also get treated. (It is contagious!) The night before you go to the doctor, you might try collecting some eggs by swabbing yourself with a cotton swab coated in sticky-side out tape. The eggs will be too small to see, but a doctor can examine the swab with a microscope. After you get the medicine, you need to clean the house and wash all clothes and bedding.

Think about how nice it will be, not to be so itchy any more.

Old 01-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

You can kill them naturally without drugs, just do a search.

Closed Thread