Im not sure if this is a health problem but to me it could be.. All of my daughters sippy cups, bottles, andything plastic like that no matter how well I wash them seem to get a moldy smell in them I let them air dry on a rack over night.. I have even soaked them in hot soapy water all night and rewashed them the next day and the smell is still there I have thrown the old ones away and bought new and the problem comes back.. I dont want her to eat or drink from them because Im afraid it will hurt her.. Does anyone know what will cause this?
I've never had a moldy smell, but the sippy cup lids and spill stoppers get discolored and some times nasty looking. I let them soak in a bowl of bleach water then wash them really good. Maybe that would work for your moldy smell since bleach is often used to eliminate mold.