It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2008, 07:27 AM   #1
(female)

LovingTheRain HB User
2 year old son with a hard tummy?

Hello all.
I am concerned about 2 year old son, he has had a poor appetite here lately, maybe just a couple of bites of food here and there and that is it. Last night he has 3 bites of rice and that was it. When he was sitting on my lap I felt his tummy and it felt really hard to me. Not the least bit mushy as I would think would be common with a young child. His coloring in his face has also been a little on the pale side. I have been giving him multivitamins with iron thinking his iron levels were low but it doesn't seem to be improving his color. Someone at work said this happened to their grandson and it was due to too much milk. Does anyone have any suggestions? we are in the process of changing insurance so I am not able to take him to the doctor right now. if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
(female)

karenrs2002 HB User
Re: 2 year old son with a hard tummy?

Could it be constipation? I have a 2 year old daughter that gets this way and i give her dry pumes to eat.Just because he is going some dont mean it isnt constipation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2008, 01:14 PM   #3
(female)

jillr HB User

I agree,,,sounds like constipation. Pretty severe, too. He may need a sopository.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:05 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

kittyroo HB User

Ummmm, sorry to have to give you this response. I truly am. I hope like mad that your little guy is just plain old plugged up.

What you describe is exactly how my cousin died. His father was squeezing his tummy and my brother's tummy. My brother's tummy was squishy and gave in. My cousin's tummy was hard with no give. My cousin turned out to have a large tumor in there that killed him shortly thereafter.

I would feel horrible NOT telling you this because if you don't get him checked out, you can't rule this out. Please just go get him checked out so you can be sure it's nothing and move on.

I am sorry to say these things, but if I didn't I would feel worse. I have a son as well, so I know what it's like to be afraid for their well being.

Closed Thread