It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
(female)

alittlestressed HB User
My 7 year old daughter has nose bleeds

Last year my daughter (at the time was 6) she kept having alot of nose bleeds in the cooler weather. I was told it was due to our wood stove drying out the air so I put a humidifier in her room. Maybe it helped or maybe it just stopped on its own..not sure. Well the nose bleeds started again last week and we have not used the wood stove yet. She seems to only get them in the middle of the night. I am not sure if she is picking at her nose while she is sleeping but it is not just a little scab that has been picked. It is a full nose bleed. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Old 11-20-2008, 01:44 AM   #2
(female)

Spanneroo HB User
Re: My 7 year old daughter has nose bleeds

I used to get nose bleeds all the time when I was younger. Every night and just after I got home from school every day without fail. Some of the nose bleeds only lasted a few minutes while others lasted anything up to an hour. My dad had this when he was younger too and he grew out of it once he was older.

In time my nosebleeds became more irregular and eventually they stopped entirely. It may be that your daughter has the same thing that me and my dad had. Bizarre and a pain but it will go with time.

Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
(male)

samiam08 HB User
Re: My 7 year old daughter has nose bleeds

I got real bad nose bleeds all the time as a kid. Just a small bump would make it gush. So maybe she hits her nose when she sleeps. When I was 18 I got some veins cauterized in my nose and I have barely had any since then. I had a lot of veins close to the the surface and according to the doctor it looked like a Christmas tree.

Closed Thread