It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Hope2Heal HB User
toddler tongue has white blister

HI all
My son who is 2.5 years old has been complaining that his mouth hurt the last 2 days or so. I did look in and saw the molars pushing through so assumed that was that. Today I looked again as he kept crying while eating and noticed a white blister like bump on the top (not tip) of his tongue as well as some bumps inside his cheeks. He has no other symptoms such as I read about for hand-foot-mouth. I am thinking maybe he put something weird in his mouth? I am going to call the doctor Monday AM if it doesn't improve but for now wondering if anyone ever went through this with their toddler?

Thanks

Old 01-04-2009, 08:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: toddler tongue has white blister

can you see all the way back to the back of his throat? if so,is there any of these blister type things either ON his tonsils back there or at the back of this throat,or even the roof of his mouth at all? has he been running a fever at all? i really would call and make an appt to have this evaluated on monday with his ped. it could be tonsillitis or even a case of strep. just getting this looked at by his doc and some possible testing done would help alot in finding out just what this actually is. that really is the only true way of knowing for certain and getting it treated if needed. hopefully this is just a case of strep that can be treated with anti Bs. please keep me posted. Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Hope2Heal HB User

Thanks for your answer. He doesn't really let me get that good of a look into the mouth but I will check the throat next time. The thing is he has no fever, is not acting sick at all, no cold or sore throat symptoms. Today he said "ow, ball!" and pointed inside his mouth. I saw a black bump inside his cheek as if he had bitten it and maybe had bled. His other cheek has 1-2 little white bumps, then the one on his tongue. Yes I am going to call the ped in the AM.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

the one thing i found out with strep is sometimes you can have it and not even have a sore throat or a fever. sometimes things don't always present in the 'normal' ways. but that ped appt for some cultures and an overall eval would be the best thing at this point. you just need to know what is going on and get it treated. please keep me posted,marcia

Old 01-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Hope2Heal HB User

OK thanks for advice. I didn't call today because he stopped complaining but then at dinner was crying and pointing to his mouth. He also just busted through 2 bottom molars. Not sure if that is all related or what.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:14 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Hope2Heal HB User

Hi all

Just an update in case anyone's kid has had similar symptoms. He was diagnosed with stomatitis which is a form of hand foot mouth. Since he had no fever and no blisters anywhere else I did not think it could be something like this. The sad part was there is nothing they could do. It is a virus in the herpes family and antibiotics wouldn't help. The whole thing lasted for about 2 weeks then he got cold sores on his lips! yikes. The main thing is that it is contagious so can be passed to you as well!

He is finally feeling a bit better, though the molars still bothering him.

Closed Thread