It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
(female)

vaibhavi81 HB User
how to solve gas problem in new born baby

how to solve gas problem in new born baby

Old 02-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: how to solve gas problem in new born baby

mint tea can help, and it is harmless. fennel or anise can also relieve gas.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

niknak77 HB User

Infant gas drops, they are available at drugstores, Walmart, etc. Also laying the baby on their stomach for "tummy time", laying them on their back and gently massaging their abdomen and folding their legs up towards their chest and belly can help the baby to pass the gas. If you are unsure on how to massage their belly or move their legs, then wait and ask a nurse or doctor to show you (this is who showed me). IF you do try be very very gentle and do not force any movements.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #4
(female)

npainnTN HB User

Hi, I know how you are feeling. My daughter had horrible gas before we even left the hospital. The doctor told me to give her mylicon (as in the message before) It will not hurt your baby at all and you can give it to them quiet often go per label instructions of course. But it really helps. I don't know if you bottle or breatfeed, but either way make sure you are holding her at an angle when you are feeding her she will get less air this way. If the gas is within a little while of eating and you think it may be this, try burping her more often. If you can give a little more information I can give you more specifics about it. Tell me if you are breast or bottle and how often you are burping right now. what about when she/he seems the most uncomfortable. What about spitting up? I went through it all with my daughter and had a wonderful pediatriction. So, let me know these things and I will give you all the information I have.

Good luck....I look forward to hearing from you. And above all keep smiling. I know its hard but it does get better. Do you have other kids or is this your first?

Sincerely,
jennifer

Old 03-02-2009, 03:21 AM   #5
(female)

JoMichelle HB User

Nothing else worked when my daughter was a baby except for Gripe Water

I used to put a spoonful into each bottle which prevented her from getting too much gas. Hope this helps.

Jo

Last edited by moderator2; 03-02-2009 at 07:08 AM. Reason: please do not post commercial websites

Closed Thread