It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2009, 07:33 AM   #1
(female)

kissy1970 HB User
EXTRA LARGE bowel movements

I have a 10 year old son who has EXTRA LARGE bowel movements. I'm talking like between baseball and softball sized. He clogs up the toilet EVERY time he goes, which is about every other day. He eats fruit but no vegetables. Could there be a reason for this or is it just how his systems works? He does not have pain when he goes and is starting to get embarassed about it. I don't want him to start holding it and making it worse!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kissy1970 For This Useful Post:
bearded lady (02-14-2011), dbrink48 (02-08-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2009, 08:09 AM   #2
(female)

kitchener12 HB User
Re: EXTRA LARGE bowel movements

Hi
I don't know if this helps any but my 4 yr old poops like a grown man! She eats lots of fruit too, not much veg and very little treats. She has a healthy and varied appetite too. I think it is just how he is, you may want to ask your dr or a nurse if you are concerned..

The following user gives a hug of support to kitchener12:
bearded lady (02-14-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

herekittykitty HB User

My 12 year old does this too! Clogs up the toilet everytime he goes, which like your child is every other day. I thought that maybe that might be the problem because he's not going everyday???

Old 04-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

I think it is diet related. I have been like this as a child, teen and young adult. Looking back, I know my diet was not very healthy, and I ate a ton of grains. My body was not healthy......I know it can change and it is diet related because I am no longer like this as I have not been over-eating, especially the grains. It is not normal to go to the bathroom every other day or two like I have always beens most of my life.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:46 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

For whatever reason, the food is not properly being digested in the body and it is becoming sluggish. I haven't read up on it in a while, so I don't have any specific information. I know that for me, it would be every 2-3 days before I could go again. It wasn't painful, and I had no feelings of needing to go until I actually did every couple of days.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #6
(female)

cocos421 HB User

My sister says that her 8 year old boy clogs the toilet often.
My husband clogs it ALL THE TIME!!!! It's so embarassing because everywhere we go, he clogs their toilet, too.
He did this at my sisiter's once in the middle of the night while everyone was asleep. He woke me up asking me if I knew where they kept the plunger. We tip toed around the whole house, garage and basement, everywhere, looking for it. Couldn't find one!
He must have some extra extra large bowel movements. He doesn't eat fruits or veggies either. He's a meat eater.

The Following User Says Thank You to cocos421 For This Useful Post:
dbrink48 (02-08-2012)
Old 06-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #7
(female)

tmsmith76 HB User

Lord, I have no idea what the cause is but my daughter is 12 and she's been clogging the toilets for years. I kind of disagree with it being a diet issue. We all eat the same things, we are all different builds (there are 7 of us in the household and she's the only one overweight as well) and she's the only one who clogs the toilet. I feel we eat a balanced, healthy diet. We have a good mixture of fruits, veggies, fiber, protein and so forth. She's been tested for every possible reason of being overweight and nothing turns up. They won't prescribe or do anything about the "poop". I'm at my wits end with it. The doctor just keeps saying she's constipated. Well, why is she constipated!? She used the bathroom daily... If she's constipated and having these LOGS for bowel movements, how do you fix it??? We had a 4" river in our bathroom two days in a row... I'm about to build and outhouse!

Closed Thread