It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
(female)

mommnk HB User
6 year old vomiting

Our son vomited once last Wed, once this Wed, and just right now once again.
We took him to the Ped and he said he looked fine and said maybe it was just a virus. He also checked his breathing because he is doing once a day breathing treatment of flovent. I'm not sure what this is, it is just on and off. He is out of school and only taking swimming lessons. I have not noticed him drinking pool water, I asked and he said he did not drink any pool water. What could this be? No fever today and even last week he just had 99 temperature, so not too high. What recommendations do you have? He is also sneezing a little, and his runny nose is clear. He is telling us his tummy is making funny noises. Should I take him to the Dr. tomorrow? Thanks.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: 6 year old vomiting

i am really wondering about the virus thing here only because with most actual viruses, they tend to hit more out off the blue, stay and make you miserable for like anywhere from 24-72 hours, then they have run their course and are done with,you know what i mean? since this has been seperate episodes widely spaced apart, this really does not seem "likely'. it would kind of go against the norm with viral infections, thats all. while anything is always possible when it comes to the human body, i think your doc really needs to start testing and ruling out other possibilitys here at this point.

starting with some basic metabolic type blood work and checking the kidney and liver functions would be good. anytime we have something in our bodies that is not supposed to be there, our immune systems will kick in and show it with certain lab ranges either being higher than the norm or lower. raises in our body temps are usually present a bit more pronounced as well as it just naturally does what it is supposed to do, heat up to help with ridding the virus or bacteria in it. but that blood work would just help guide the doc into a particular direction,and rule in or out certain possibles here too.

can you think of anything that your child may have eaten or drank even the day before the vomiting episodes occured? including things from the day before we present with vomiting is kind of needed too since after things get broken down and metabolized within our systems, certain chemical changes can occur with certain foods or drinks. i would just try and really lok at ANY possible commonalities for the days of or before here coinciding with the vomiting occuring too. but going back to the doc and simply telling him or her that you REALLY want some answers will help in getting your childs needs met. there HAS to be a real reason for this and its up to the doc to just do that for their patients. just doing that bloodwork alone could reveal alot or nothing, but at least you and the doc will know how things are actually functioning in your childs body. and thats always a good thing. but this is what i would do from here since this is still going on. also make certain you are writing down everything your child is eating and drinking for the next few weeks at least, or until you find out what is simply causing this. you just may see some type of a pattern develop that you may not be seeing when its not down on paper,ya know what i mean?

but DO get your child back in and ask nicely, or depending upon how the doc actually is(will you and your concerns be blown off or taken seriously), demand some answers that can only come from testing. i do hope they can at least pin this down for you soon. no one wants to see their child suffering with anything they simply don't have to be. please keep me posted, Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread